Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 part CARBON COPY of 2007

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Well some of use were in for a nice surprise today. The State Exams Commision awarded us by giving us half of a question (12.5% of overall) the EXACT same as last year. Take a look:
    Draw, full size, two involute teeth of a gear wheel with 24 teeth, module 10 and a pressure angle 20°. Tabulate on the sheet the following values for the gear wheel:
    • Addendum • Dedendum
    • Pitch Circle Diameter • Circular Pitch
    • Tooth Thickness • Base Circle Diameter
    Draw, full size, two involute teeth of a gear wheel with 24 teeth, module 10 and a pressure angle 20°. Tabulate on the sheet the following values for the gear wheel:
    • Addendum • Dedendum
    • Pitch Circle Diameter • Circular Pitch
    • Tooth Thickness • Base Circle Diameter

Thats the job!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Someone got a bit lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

At least next years lot wont be complaining about it. Old TG course R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any signs of a move to CAD?

I absolutely despised TG but I loved CAD when I started using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I absolutely despised TG

Love TG, and will miss it even though the actual classes werent good, I love the drawing and the 3d logic.

New course - HUGE emphasis on Cad and Solidworks. Theres a project too - mostly solidworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Well when I say I despised it, I despised the process as it was so slow and hard to correct mistakes when I knew it was much quicker on a computer to go back over things.

I liked the thinking side of it, not the actual process. I suppose that is a more accurate statement of my opinion.

I know its not really the same but I love doing Geographical Information Systems as part of my college course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

I don't do TG but I know why the State Exam Commission did that. If a question is poorly answered the year before they put it back on the exam the next year. Like in Business, They put on a question in 2002 and the exact same one came up in 2001!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Gears are probably the easiest question on the paper though!

Advertisement