Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy's funny liveline?

• 16-06-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

I normally never listen to Joe Duffy on Liveline, but I came across it a couple of weeks ago and they were doing something like "Funny Friday" where people called in and sung parody songs about political issues.

I thought it was a great laugh.

I was wondering if this is every Friday or was it just a once off?

And is it always the same concept of people singing songs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a semi-regular thing, mainly in the summer.

Opinion is er divided.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

It is one Friday a month, usually the first Friday in the month.

Personally, I think it isn't funny at all; it comes over as a bunch of lads laughing over pints and people thinking their Bertie impression is better than the last Bertie impression caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

mike65 wrote: »
    Its a semi-regular thing, mainly in the summer.

Opinion is er divided.

Mike.

When you say semi regular, do you mean every few weeks or months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Hamndegger wrote: »
    It is one Friday a month, usually the first Friday in the month.

Personally, I think it isn't funny at all; it comes over as a bunch of lads laughing over pints and people thinking their Bertie impression is better than the last Bertie impression caller.

Nice one. I thought it was good when I listened but maybe after a few more I'll think diferently.

Cheers pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

See above!

Oops you did.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement