Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges - €1350 bill...??

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm living in a house which has had various housemates getting added to and removed from the lease for the past 5 years or so.

Since I moved into the house in August 2006 - there was never any mention of bin charges.

We accidently opened a letter last week addressed to someone we never heard of and found a bill from Rathdown / Dun Laoighaire council for €1350 for bin charges!

This coincides with us having a sticker put on the bin last week saying that it would not be collected until we registered with the council?

As a result we have just contacted Panda about switcing to them. But now I am freaking out about the bill for €1350....
    (does Panda and the council communicate with each other over outstanding bills?)

does anybody have any advice here on what we should do?

would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Why are you freaking out about someone elses bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

dinnyman wrote: »
    does anybody have any advice here on what we should do?

A) Pay the part of the bill for the time you've been there, and nothing else.
    B) Also, let them know how long you've been there, otherwise they won't realise you're doing A)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

And don't forget that bin charges are tax deductible. Like Igy said pay from when you moved there in 06, just let them know that's when you moved in. That or pass the problem on to the landlord.

Advertisement