Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Interet/DNS settings in D-Link router Please.

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    I need some help here after a long day. I'm having internet/DNS problems with my new d-link dir-635 wireless router. I have wired/wi-fi lan access and can ping throughout the house but can't get internet access. The router is on very basic, straight out of the box settings.

I'm using voda mobile which is shared through the ethernet port on the pc which is fed back into a switch which is then fed into the internet port on the router which in turn is connected back into the switch via one of the 4 lan ports on the router. All leds are lighting and blinking including the internet led on the router side.

Any help here would br of great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ok let me get this a straight, it's

vodafone -> pc (using internet connection sharing) -> switch -> wan port of router -> switch ?

I'd go straight from the pc to the wan port of the router. I think ICS has dhcp so your router should automatically pick up the settings to allow it to connect to the PCs setup for sharing. I don't think you'll need to know the dns settings for this to work as it will more than likely run it through the PC sharing the connection. So if your pc sharing the connection is 192.168.1.10 your dns will be 192.168.1.10, as will be your gateway.

Why are you feeding back into a switch? need more devices attached?

Advertisement