Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router Question

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I noticed during the last few days the Wireless and Internet lights and constantly flashing on my eircom netopia router.

I always thought they were constant.

What are they meant to be?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I noticed during the last few days the Wireless and Internet lights and constantly flashing on my eircom netopia router.

I always thought they were constant.

What are they meant to be?

Flashing usually means traffic on most network devices. So in this case someones wirelessly accessing your net connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just checked the stats and it's only me logged onto my network at the mo.

If it's traffic that's fine...I just thought it signified a problem of some sort!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The only lights on the Netopia that should be on solid are the power and the DSL light. All the rest will flash.

Advertisement