Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series?

• 17-06-2008 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been hearing the rumours about a new series of firefly?

That said, could they really pull it off without Wash?

...That said, knowing Joss Whedon, he'll miraculously ressurect somehow.

*sings the fruity oaty bar song*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

the rumours are just rumours. Joss is busy with his new show Dollhouse and most of the actors have work elsewhere. Summer is on Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles, Adam is on Chuck, Jewel is on Stargate Atlantis. Nathan is currently working on a film called Castle, and Alan just did a pilot for the creators of Will and Grace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

tbh i wouldent mind waiting 15 years or so, im sure all the actors will be free at some stage down the road but if they do another movie it would have to be soon (because i would want a prequil) if they wait long enough it would have to be either set in the same universe but with different crew or with the same crew several years down the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I don't see a future for the series whatsoever, maybe someday but I doubt it very much now that Whedon and most of the cast have very much moved on.

Personally I think its better this way, the series will never be diluted, what little we have is all pure awesome in my opinion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Universal own Sci Fi channel...and Fox's TV rights die soon enough...perhaps with the passing of BSG off our screens the bigwigs may decide to do some Firefly DTV movies. They know they're popular (the dvds and hddvds sold through the roof)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

robby^5 wrote: »

Personally I think its better this way, the series will never be diluted, what little we have is all pure awesome in my opinion. :)

Here here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i dont know i have found myself getting upset watching firefly sometimes because so much left unanswered and not enough in the comics i mean there was so much more story to tell (more story to each charactor on the ship) i mean forget the main story arc we didnt even get to know lots about all the charactors, would have liked to have knoqn more about book.

Id likethe idea of DTV movies but only if serenity is classafied as non-cannon that way everything the show was is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WadeTalon

I think the chances of a new series or movie being prduced in the next 5years or so a very slim, For anyone who is interested though Whedon seems to be happy enough with writing short 3 issue comic book stories set between The tv series and the movie, So far two have been released

14902.jpg

13908.jpg

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-759/Serenity-TPB

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/13-908/Serenity-Better-Days-TPB

Advertisement