Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WX Grade?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi. I'm sure these boards'll be flooded with these types of threads and I'm sorry to add to the pile, but the UCD site is confusing at best.

I got 2 WX grades (withdrawn after 6 weeks, extenuating circumstances accepted) in Semester 2. Basically I wasn't well on an exam day and missed two exams. My first semester GPA was 3.6, second semester GPA 3.5; 50 credits attained.

So my question is, being a first year and an idiot: what's the craic now? Do I need to repeat these 2 exams, and if so, when (summer?)?

Am I eligible to proceed to Stage 2?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Hi, you've got 50 credits, which is all you need to progress to second year. However, were the two modules you have a WX grade in core (or compulsory) or optional? If they're optional, then you'll have no trouble proceeding. In that case, you can either take the modules again (you won't be penalized) or, if you're sure they're optional, take other ones in their place.

If they're core, I'm not sure how you proceed. You should contact your student adviser either way:

http://www.ucd.ie/advisers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JumpJump

Cheers. One of the modules was core, but I'm not going to be doing that subject in second year. The other was optional.

I'll contact the SA like you said, thanks.

Advertisement