Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornados!!

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭

Bear with me on this one as it's quite odd. I keep having a recurring nightmare (over the last few years, maybe once every couple of months but not every night) that I'm inside a house (my house, but it could be my home house or college place depending on the dream) and I look out the window and see a massive tornado forming in the sky and hurtling towards my house. This results in me panicing like crazy, trying to round up all my family, and trying to outrun it. Strange thing is, I'm always really concerned about my loved ones getting away from it. It's so odd!! By the end it's generally turned into a number of them and it's becoming impossible to get away but the dream ends.

This is always a nightmare. Sometimes wake up in a cold sweat afterwards with a really eerie feeling. I've never been afraid of tornado's or anything - in fact i quite enjoy programmes about them as they fascinate me. If I just had it a few times in the last few weeks I'd put it down to stress and the classic running from something dream, but it recurrs randomly all the time!!!

Anyone else have anything similar to this or can explain maybe???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Its not an odd dream,i dream like that quite a lot. Inside a house usually represents something inside the mind going on. Tornados usually mean things out of your control,anger either in you or someone around you.A person or situation that is volatile and not comepetly in your control.you say they end up being several tornados at the end,this can be a few people around you whos moods change often,are unpredictable ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

I get recurring dreams about tornadoes as well. :)
    Not necessarily nightmares though.
    I guess a vague anxiety about the chaos of life would be a fair analysis.

Advertisement