Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need ram and gfx card upgrade

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Ok so i bought one of these dell vostro desktops (dirt cheap prices from dell)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312799
    great price for what you get tbh, want to use it as a gaming pc for my little brother since he is ADDICTED to bf2 lol
    I want to play with it all maxed out settings with full res transparency AA everything.

Am running an amd3200+/2gb/7900gtx setup atm and get 99fps on all high in bf2.

Now from what i get, I need to get atleast 1 more GB of ram and a graphics card like another 7900gtx or possibly an 8800gt(s) (im running one on a 400w xpower psu without any issues so the dell wont be an issue)

now anyone know the cheapest place to get ram and a graphics card that is suitable? I dont mind if its used even.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Used - You should take a look at adverts and do a search there. You should be able to pick them up cheap enough, especially with the new cards coming out there could be a few people upgrading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

so i think ill be grand with a 7900gtx or 8800g(t)(s) and another 1gb of ram...
    seems so ;)
    BF2 Heaven :D
    not that my current pc is a slouch or anything it plays bf2 all high on 99fps constant :p never hurts to have a backup i suppose

Advertisement