Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

America's M5 Killer?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

A supercharged M5 would have plenty of torque. Put it this way, take the supercharger off that caddy and its nowhere.

All credit to Cadillac for the lap time. BMW says it resists using forced induction on the M cars because they feel it kills the throttle response. Personally i'm a fan of FI anyway so I think they're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Ferris wrote: »
    BMW says it resists using forced induction on the M cars because they feel it kills the throttle response.

AMG just changed their whole range to huge normally aspirated engines from big supercharged ones, and got rave reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

This was also for economy, the SL63 is better on petrol than the old SL55, but less powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id like to see some proper reviews of the caddy before its labelled an M5 killer :p

and you'd need a bugatti veyron to 'rape' an m5 powerwise.

Maybe its a decent car, ill believe it when i see some proper reviews, be interesting if they sell any, if its that good, they will

to me it looks awful and the interior mings hard, so not for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

It's well known that manufacturers tweak the bejaysus out of the cars before going for a blitz lap to grab some headlines. To be honest no-one buys an M5 (and certainly not a Caddy) for it's Nordschleife credentials, it's just another PR stunt to get eejits excited. The whole Nordschleife thing gives me a pain in my ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

When I saw the thread title, I thought that we were going to be treated to this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1984-TRANS-AM-KNIGHT-RIDER-KITT-ORIGINAL-TV-SERIES-CAR_W0QQitemZ230261543845QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230261543845:D

I like the look of the interior of the Caddy, but, IMO, the exterior is pure fugly. That said, for the first 4 years of the e60 5 series I thought that they were terrible, but they've started to grow on me now!!!
    The whole Nordschleife thing gives me a pain in my ring.

Ouch! :p

Advertisement