Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vespa's in Dublin?

• 17-06-2008 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Other than Scooter Island who does vespa repair in Dublin?

I used to have one a few years ago, but gave it away on a long term loaner to my uncle when i got a company car, I'm thinking about taking it back now

I used to go to that bloke up on Arbour Hill, is he still around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Yup he's still around, and probably your best bet.

There's also the shop with the big windows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Karl in arbour hill is still there.
    I'd say steer clear of the one you first mentioned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

colm_c wrote: »
    There's also the shop with the big windows :rolleyes:

I think they saw me coming when i bought my first bike alright. Good to know Karl is still in business, always struck me as a decent fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Long term Vespa owner here and I've never heard of this chap on Arbour Hill, anyone care to fill me in?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

M&C Scooters (Modern & Classic Scooters)
    SCOOTER RESTORATION
    SPARES AND GENERAL REPAIRS

CONTACT Carl 01 6586570 or 0863652823

Unit 10c Arbour Hill,
    Dublin 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

giftgrub wrote: »
    Other than Scooter Island who does vespa repair in Dublin?

I used to have one a few years ago, but gave it away on a long term loaner to my uncle when i got a company car, I'm thinking about taking it back now

I used to go to that bloke up on Arbour Hill, is he still around?

I used to use Jack Nolans. Thats who I bought my vespa from

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sent my vespa into the first mentioned guys and never had a problem.. found them very friendly.. they got a bad rep or something?

And no, before someone says anything, I've nothing to do with the above mentioned crew.. :p

Is that guy in Arbour hill any good? Would be good to know for future reference as I'm a n00b when it comes to vespas.. :)

Thanks,
    Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

In relation to the first shop, well first of all, in my experience i found them more expensive.

Also, because i wasnt a die hard, parka wearing, quadraphenia loving vespa freak, (more of a regular commuter really) i always got the impression they thought i was a total idiot

Which i'm not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Well I'd hate to see what they thought of me so.. considering I have a bog standard ET2..

Add to that I got a list of things done there, body panels repaired, service, brakes, tyres etc etc etc.. I basically rebuilt the thing as it was looking the worse for wear.. Ended up paying half of what I originally paid for the thing in the first place.. :rolleyes:

Would love a classic vespa but dont have a license to drive a 125cc+ bike.. *sigh* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Would love a classic vespa but dont have a license to drive a 125cc+ bike.. *sigh* :(

Why not buy a 50cc geared vespa? geared vespas range from 50cc to 200cc.

• Advertisement

vektarman wrote: »
    Why not buy a 50cc geared vespa? geared vespas range from 50cc to 200cc.

I thought they smallest vespa geared was 80cc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGlOI-pcU0
    There's four geared 50cc vespas on ebay at the moment.

Advertisement