Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Zafira Prob

Options
  • 17-06-2008 9:46am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the last while the other half's Zafira (06) will not start,I don't think its anything to do with the engine as nothing seems to happen when you turn the key.What I was thinking is it could be the battery in the key ring.It will start no prob if you just wait 30 secs.

Has anybody else had this prob with a Zafira...?its a bit strange to be happening to a car thats only 2 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I know there was a known problem with the ignition switch on Zafiras - not sure if it affects a 2006 model. But the symptoms are similar to what you describe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

crosstownk wrote: »
    I know there was a known problem with the ignition switch on Zafiras - not sure if it affects a 2006 model. But the symptoms are similar to what you describe.

Thanks,I will have to look into it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

this is most likely a problem with the CIM (steering column module). they gave a bit of trouble on astras and zafiras, but it is also possible that it is a faulty key. next time it happens try the spare key and see does it happen with this also. If it does then its the CIM, if not then its the key. Just try this as it usually stores the same trouble codes for both problems. Being a 06 car it may be still inside warranty depending on what time of the year it was bought. Bring it to an opel dealer and if it is outside of warranty they MAY be able to get opel to pay as a goodwill gesture (i have seen them do it many times but does not mean you will get it covered for certain). They usually do if its only outside warranty a bit and it is a known issue with them. The CIM costs around 400-500 so if you are unsure if it is in warranty do it as soon as possible to try get it covered.

also the ignition contact switches gave trouble on the older Zafira A model, not the newer zafira B model.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Lucifer wrote: »
    also the ignition contact switches gave trouble on the older Zafira A model, not the newer zafira B model.

Ahhh - I think that's what I was thinking of.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lucifer wrote: »
    this is most likely a problem with the CIM (steering column module). they gave a bit of trouble on astras and zafiras, but it is also possible that it is a faulty key. next time it happens try the spare key and see does it happen with this also. If it does then its the CIM, if not then its the key. Just try this as it usually stores the same trouble codes for both problems. Being a 06 car it may be still inside warranty depending on what time of the year it was bought. Bring it to an opel dealer and if it is outside of warranty they MAY be able to get opel to pay as a goodwill gesture (i have seen them do it many times but does not mean you will get it covered for certain). They usually do if its only outside warranty a bit and it is a known issue with them. The CIM costs around 400-500 so if you are unsure if it is in warranty do it as soon as possible to try get it covered.

Thanks thats a great help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement