Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results will be out no later then..

Options
  • 17-06-2008 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

my arse.

(*rant warning*) /rant

Yes, I am still waiting. Yes, I am slightly angry, and yes I have been bounced from one department/office/school to the next over the phone, oh and yes I received emails which to all intents and purposes were utterly useless and maybe have been sent by an illiterate monkey or someone who couldn't have been bothered to read the email I sent in the first place.

Initially when I first checked my results I was just missing one subject-which I am registered for(it just wasn't there, nada, no mention of it), and did take the exams information which I not only made doubly sure of before asking admin but also sent proof. Regardless, in the next email I was told that I was not registered and to contact the program office. Aggravated I did so, but they could not help. Then upon checking the website the after ALL my results were gone and there was a hold on my a/c-a magical hold that just appeared...maybe I hadn't paid my fees I was asked by assessement, then by the student desk, then assessement again...*rumaged through filing cabinet found receipt*...also how could that change in the space of half an hour..

Over the phone and via the 1 or 2 line email response I more or less got a shrug and people pointing in both directions. Unfortunatly I won't be able to get to UCD until later today...well perhaps that's fortunate for admin..:)

I appreciate that it is a busy time of year for this department, in my emails and over the phone I have been nothing but patient and courteous-even whilst being sent to every academic department under the sun.

Now however my patience has run out, I'm in my finals I just want to know how the hell I did and what the problem is. I wouldn't mind if I had gotten a straight answer straight away-e.g. sorry love but there's a fault with the system, sorry I don't know but I will look into it and get back to you, instead of bouncing you all over UCD for an entire day- but the fact that I had been bounced over the phone from x to y department, that I received very curt emails whilst I was quite polite, patient, and explained exactly what my problems were and what information I had...aw the ranting..

rant\

Anyone else in this position? (what this position is exactly I (and it would appear UCD also) do not know) And does anyone know who/where I ought to complain to about this?-sure if I asked admin about it they would just probably bounce me all over the place again. I wouldn't tolerate something like this in a shop whether it was where I worked or shopped, so why should I over something this important?

And yes I am aware that maybe I may seem a tad impatient-but c'mon I just want to know don't bullsh1t me that they'll be out in a bit, or to talk to x, or y and they'll fix it.

I just want my results...and a hug :o

Comments

UCD is a joke, im sick of it, cant believe i have another 2 years there, hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

Sounds pretty horrible alright, but you seem to be doing all the right things. Been there, done that with regard to being bounced from dept to dept. Not about exam results but about registration in general.

Can't be much help to you but to say that it'll be much more difficult for them to fob you off when you're there in person. A few printouts of all your correspondence in the last couple of days could come in handy. Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Doghouse

I'm in a slightly similar position as regards not having gotten our results and having been given the runaround by staff when trying to find out why. I'm in a class that's still on the so-called 'traditional' system even though we took our modules with all the modularised students. We received an email telling us our results would be out on 16th. Come the 16th, no results. I emailed two people in the department but no reply. Eventually, at around 4.30, one person in our class got hold of someone in the exams office who said our results would be out at some point next week as the 'traditional' exam boards won't be held til then. Someone in our department finally contacted us today to say they didn't know at what point after the exam board we'd actually get our results. I'm so furious. We've just finished our final year, applying for postgrads etc. at the moment and it would really help to know our results, especially when all of the modularised students who were in our lectures got theirs yesterday. And I have two friends in 'traditional' courses, both of whom either have or will have their results before the day that these exam boards apparently take place. As for the fact that noone thought to mention to us that we WOULDN'T be getting ours at the same time as everyone else...grrrrr. This is not the first university I've attended and I can't believe how abysmally UCD treats its students :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Finally got the auld results, happy to say I got a first, happy days.
    Thanks for the advice Armada104 but in the end it was ok-lucky for them :)

I must agree with Doghouse, it's terrible. I'm caught inbetween the traditional and new-system gap as I was away the year they changed the system, and do you think that they'd send us out any emails telling us about it while we were gone....? My a$s they did. Anyway.
    Any luck with your results Doghouse?
    Best of luck, hope you get them soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Doghouse

Finally got the auld results, happy to say I got a first, happy days.
    Thanks for the advice Armada104 but in the end it was ok-lucky for them :)

I must agree with Doghouse, it's terrible. I'm caught inbetween the traditional and new-system gap as I was away the year they changed the system, and do you think that they'd send us out any emails telling us about it while we were gone....? My a$s they did. Anyway.
    Any luck with your results Doghouse?
    Best of luck, hope you get them soon!
    Thanks wandering-star and congrats on your first! Still no results for me yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

There's a few courses that have waited. The rads haven't got theres either due to placement.

Tis evil though.

Advertisement