Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda local bands?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

..looking for a local band to play at a wedding reception.. any favorites, recommendations etc?

thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Theres quite a few good ones on da go at the minute! It depends on ur budget! The more people thats in the band, the more expense it will be!
    We had Clockwise for our wedding last August! Theres only two guys in da band! I had never heard them before but they were recommended by so many different people! I have to say i was a bit apprehensive having just two guys playing but they were absolutey brill!! The dancefloor was never empty once!! They play a great mixture to suit all ages! They cosy us less than a grand!!
    I dont have their contact details with me but ill PM you with them 2morro if you like!
    Also the hotel were your holding ur reception should be able to give you a list of local bands and their contact details if you ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks a million Naggie, yes, I would like their contact info please! We do have a list of bands from the venue, but most of them are booked out for the date(its only a few months away...).

Thanks again and keep the suggestions coming!

Heres a few more!

http://www.electricavenue.ie/
    http://www.thegreatescape.ie/ (You can check availibility on their website!)

Thanks again Naggie, much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Electric Avenue, end of :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

There are a few very good bands around the Louth/Meath Region.

Clockwise(2 piece),Timezone,Deco5(5 piece),Great Escape,Who's Who(3 piece),Raincheck(5 piece),Footloose,have heard of Electric Avenue there a fairly new band who play all 80's music,have not seen them play though.

Depends what your looking really.

Any of the above have years of experience ,the likes of 'The Great Escape','Who's Who' and 'Raincheck' seem to be busy all year round but thats always a good sign.

If you pick any from the above you won't be disappointed very good musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ruthie82

Electric Avenue are brill. Always play to full house in McPhails and McHughs and good at getting the crowd going.

Clockwise are a good band for a good mixture of songs my cousin had them and the floor was full all night. Raincheck and Who's Who are also very good for weddings.

But if I had to choose it would be Electric Avenue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

get the Stormers, they are deadly.. from Dundalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Electric Avenue, end of :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭peejay1986

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 goodfecker

Hara Fish???

if your form Drogheda or just outside it then you probably have heard of them!
    they are an Irish Traditional band and are absolutley brill!!! anytime they play in Drogheda the place is packed, trust me anyone who knows them will say its so!
    they do mostly weddings at the moment and havent played in the town for a while? if your interested ill give you a number?:)

Hi positron! Any luck with booking anything yet!

Thanks for all the suggestion guys, checking out a band tomorrow night. A distant connection has also offered to play if we wish so..! Thanks again, highly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

There's 'Fever Pitch' too who are quite easy listening and might be what you want for a wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mack7

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Heres a few more!

http://www.electricavenue.ie/
    http://www.thegreatescape.ie/ (You can check availibility on their website!)

Try http://www.smoochtheweddingband.ie/ Have heard good reports about
    this new outfit. Sligo origin but based in the North east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭haines35

Iid say there well married at this stage:D

:D True! It's been more than a year now - and now they say that was the best part...! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the suggestions - will come handy for someone else looking in the area..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

The Urge are a really good band from dundalk, the following is the drummers e-mail.

string_image.php?ct=AAAAAQAQoN9HyAV3h-X6PUUzRsK5UwAAABRf5IQeYiDdjWpS0n6zT7QdEoU8qF5r10k%2C&fp=8.7&state=0&highlight=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 coolusername

goodfecker wrote: »
    Hara Fish???

if your form Drogheda or just outside it then you probably have heard of them!
    they are an Irish Traditional band and are absolutley brill!!! anytime they play in Drogheda the place is packed, trust me anyone who knows them will say its so!
    they do mostly weddings at the moment and havent played in the town for a while? if your interested ill give you a number?:)

Hey there,

I know it's been a while, but if Hara Fish are still around, I'd be interested in getting in contact with them (RE: Wedding Reception).... Do you still have that number!?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭brianh576

Hi. We are a 5 piece wedding band based near Drogheda. Have a look at our website and drop us a line... We offer a very resonable wedding package with band and dj and reception music if desired... thanks a mill..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Great Escape
    Who's Who
    Raincheck

or

Juicer from Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

dont know what knid of band your looking for but a good idea is to go into a local pub that usually have bands on a sat night (the village in bettystown, mchughs etc). they should be able to give you an idea what certain bands play and they should have contact numbers for all of them too.

Advertisement