Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Stolen - can I claim?

• 17-06-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Ho hum, window smashed GPS gone - didn't even disconnect the usb power cable that was wired in behind the dash so now that doesn't work either.

Anyway, I was wondering if others who have had theirs stolen have made claims on insurance? I tried the home insurance policy but they claim it's not their responsibility. (GPS was stolen from car, parked on street - stupid to leave it visible, I know - lesson learned).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I had my Sat nav stolen recently and sucessfully claimed on my household insurance. The first guy I spoke to wasn't going to allow it as he classed it as a "car accessory" but another girl I spoke with after put it through no prob. She did mention that some policies only cover items locked in the boot. My sat nav was in the glove box.

It might be worth your while calling the insurance co. again*. My cover was with Sun Alliance through Bank of Ireland.

* if your with Quinn Insurance, don't bother wasting the price of the phone call!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I'm with Allianz, might try them again so.

Advertisement