Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn deserts

• 17-06-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering would anybody have any prefernce for the deserts that are made by superquinn i.e which is the tastiest or the best etc. I see they sell all types including meringue, banoffee pie, Rasberry boulouis or smething like that and cheesecakes, fudge cakes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

Their fruit cakes (or gur cakes) are simple, yet lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

They're lemon meringue is nice, not as nice as mine, but not bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

Archeron wrote: »
    Their fruit cakes (or gur cakes) are simple, yet lovely.

thats a gem ahhhh:pac::pac: wish i had one now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I don't know what they're called exactly but they are made of pastry and have white-icing on the top with a middle layer of cream in the pastry. Oh lord... ...they are tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I live their cream meringues. They are especially nice when they have strawberries, kiwi fruit and chocolate sauce on them.
    Kevster, do you mean their coffee slices? They are also fab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

No, not the coffee ones, but they are exactly like them except that they have white-icing on top! I had one yesterday... ...:p

(I lie: I had two yesterday!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

There victoria sponge is gorgeous.

The sponge is so light. With "Real" Cream and yummy Jam.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I too, love their sponge cakes, also they do an amazing kind of coffee/toffee cake, to die for.. I actually ate a whole one to myself last week - well it was going to go off and I didn't want to waste it :p

Advertisement