Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about test and provisional

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

My sister is on her first provisional which is up soon. She says that you have 21 days to renew it. This brings her up to the day she will be doing her driving test. Because she doesn't want the hassle of having to renew her licence twice in the space of a month (if she passes) she thinks it will be ok to use the out of date provisional. I think otherwise. Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

i think you need a valid provisional license to even sit the test as the examiner checks it beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks. Yeah that's what I told her. She said she's going to ring the test centre anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

janeybabe wrote: »
    She said she's going to ring the test centre anyway.
    Tell her not to make an idiot of herself. Does she really think an examiner will take her out with an expired licence? Her test will be cancelled and she'll go back to the end of the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

if its out of date she wont be able to sit the test

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Under no circumstances will they let her behind the wheel to do her test without a valid licence.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was in a similar situation myself. I had my test on 10th April and my provisional was due to expire on 11th April. The day before the test, it was cancelled and rescheduled for 16th May. I applied for and got my learners permit for the remaining period. Despite the small cost, what's the problem? Why would anyone want to cause themselves any hassle by producing an expired licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tell her not to make an idiot of herself. Does she really think an examiner will take her out with an expired licence? Her test will be cancelled and she'll go back to the end of the queue!

She's an idiot, I know.
    Nightwish wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation myself. I had my test on 10th April and my provisional was due to expire on 11th April. The day before the test, it was cancelled and rescheduled for 16th May. I applied for and got my learners permit for the remaining period. Despite the small cost, what's the problem? Why would anyone want to cause themselves any hassle by producing an expired licence?

See above!

Thanks for that. I can show her this now and she might believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

janeybabe wrote: »
    she thinks it will be ok to use the out of date provisional. I think otherwise. Anyone know for sure?
    Not a hope the tester will check the licence and if expired will cancel test

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

play it safe and get another one before the test

Advertisement