Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Utv Broadband Any Good?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

im living in dublin & and am thinking about getting utv bb is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

i have utv for about 4/5 years and I cant remember any down time at all. No probs would recommend them. My 2c worth

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

I have them meself for the last few years. I'd recommend them,just make sure you have line rental with them aswell otherwise eircom will play silly buggers.

Do a search for them on this forum for more info on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Do they allow you to download torrents

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Do they allow you to download torrents

Yeh, haven't had any problems.

I've been with them for a few years they're pretty good. Also, as a bonus - you can use a Northern Irish UTV proxy to watch BBC iplayer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    I've been with them for a few years they're pretty good. Also, as a bonus - you can use a Northern Irish UTV proxy to watch BBC iplayer

I wasn't fully aware of this added bonus, am looking to get UTV with the unlimited option when I move in two weeks and would love to be able to use BBCi :)

dRNk SAnTA, whats the proxy address to use for this just so I can have it for future ref

[EDIT]
    Nevermind found them :)
    cache.utvinternet.com Port 80
    ni-cache.utvinternet.com Port 80
    ie-cache.utvinternet.com Port 80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Also, as a bonus - you can use a Northern Irish UTV proxy to watch BBC iplayer[/QUOTE]

I have them too with no issues, for Torrents though you should pay the extra €5 for the no download cap, still makes them cheaper.

DRNK Santa how do you do that with the IP thingymabob to watch BBC?

thanks in advance....

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Also, as a bonus - you can use a Northern Irish UTV proxy to watch BBC iplayer

I have them too with no issues, for Torrents though you should pay the extra €5 for the no download cap, still makes them cheaper.

DRNK Santa how do you do that with the IP thingymabob to watch BBC?

....[/QUOTE]

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055210330

going to try it out when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Cheers! Gonna try it myself.

Advertisement