Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek in cork

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

I'll be headin down to cork next week to visit a mate & my cousin. they are both new to cork and like myself have no idea where to go. will be there tues, weds & thurs. where's good to head out on those nights, mostly drinking but wouldnt mind a few restaraunt recomendations either. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My haunts usually on a wed night if i go out are the brog and freakscene afterwards,both on oliver plunkett st... freakscene is an alternative club but always good for a laugh.

Tues and thurs gorbys can be quite good, on the same place as freakscene is. Cubins on hanover st is good but can sometimes be very hard to get into.

Restaurants i would say either cap americas on south main st or scoozis on winthrop avenue :D they're both equally yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Tuesday night theres a latino kinda thing on in that place above the brog next to gorbys.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The Cube or is the The Qube? Apparently the Latino night is great craic there- we tried to bring students there when I was running the Dance Soc in CIT but they were over 20's only and most of the students in the Soc were 18 so unfortunately had to miss it.

The Fransiscan Well is really cool. They brew their own beer! It's across from the Gate Cinema on the North Gate bridge. Cross the river, take a left and keep walking until you see a sign for an alleyway entrance. I love that place!

Freds is good if you're into Rock/Metal music. It's just off the south mall at the grand parade end.

In regards to restaurants, I'd recommend any of the restaurants on French Church Street/Carey's Lane by Paul Street. I like Cafe Mexicana and Amicus.

During the day ye might want to check out the Farmgate Cafe in The English Market.

Advertisement