Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ladies here take part in the boot inn league?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

im just wondering if any of the girls on here take part in the boot inn league?
    im fairly new to the cycling lark and loving it, ive been at it a couple of months now by myself (usually at a leisurely pace). so i have been considering taking part in the boot inn league for a bit of fun and because ive finally got my new Focus Variado at the weekend!! but i am too chicken to go! ive no racing experience at all and wouldnt know what to expect.
    im also very afraid of being left behind...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hi Sooty -

I take part. The next one is tomorrow. The race is also handicaped. Don't underestimate yourself ... If I can do it ... anyone can.

It's a small flat 20 miles race. I'd said the average speed is no more than 35/hr ... and if you're following a bunch it's always easyer :) And ... there's some nice tea and bikkies at the end and the chance to chat as well.

Do come and say hello! I'll be in my Orwell Gear this time ;) ( PM me if you want )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

sooty11 I'm pretty much in the same position as you!
    I am planning to go along to my first race tomorrow :eek:
    I'm sure I will be left behind ... especially now that I see the speeds Caroline_ie is taking about!

I plan to go meet up at GPO so let us know if you are going along ...

Caroline_ie do you know if there is place to leave your bag out there that is safe?

Thanks

LDB wrote: »
    Caroline_ie do you know if there is place to leave your bag out there that is safe?

Thanks

Well usually I will leave in someone's car if i cycle in. You can leave it with the race organisers no prob.

I hope you 2 will say hello to me ...

I hope you 2 will say hello to me ... [/SIZE]

will do ... or if you spot the scared girl on the Black Bianchi come and say hi too!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

hey girls! thanks for your replies. oh god tomorrow...(heart is beating really fast here!)..oh jeses will i go for it???
    like seriously...ive never raced...what im most scared is crashing into someone...god maybe im better of being left behind haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

sooty i think just go for it

you need to start somewhere and the first step is the hardest. doesnt matter where you finish its about getting out and enjoying yourself....

you have my backing ...good luck

hehe thanks BUACHAILL
    i do need a kick up the backside to get me out there...ive been thinking of doing this for a couple of weeks now.

sooty11 wrote: »
    hehe thanks BUACHAILL
    i do need a kick up the backside to get me out there...ive been thinking of doing this for a couple of weeks now.

Just don't crash into me ...

Caroline your awful ha

Sooty you need one race under your belt and you will then know whats expected of you in future, you might just suprise yourself of the result with a bit of pressure on you. if you are thinking of crashing look out for the girl in the Orwell gear ha ha .. just kidding

Just don't crash into me ...

thats great advise for the confidence :D

• Advertisement

do, go for it.

tomorrow is as good a day as any :)

ok....i think im in :eek:.....hope i dont chicken out at the last minute....

LBD ill be driving as I live over that side. Ye can both leave your stuff in my car no probs. look out for scared girl on black and white focus.
    (or just look out for scared girl in a red jersey)...

sooty11 wrote: »
    ok....i think im in :eek:.....hope i dont chicken out at the last minute....

LBD ill be driving as I live over that side. Ye can both leave your stuff in my car no probs. look out for scared girl on black and white focus.
    (or just look out for scared girl in a red jersey)...

Cool - I live that direction too but work in town so I'll bike it from there.
    Will take you up on your offer for my bag if I see you.

oh i love it,

people depending on you now Sooty so you haved to go ha ha
    you will be fine just relax and enjoy it

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    oh i love it,

people depending on you now Sooty so you haved to go ha ha
    you will be fine just relax and enjoy it

oh jeses the pressure is mounting already!!!!

dont be so silly
    are you a man or a mouse lol

ha! smart arse

got a giggle i bet?

great race girls ... heh heh!

sooty I think(?) I saw your bike just as I was leaving so didn't get to say hi, sorry.

until next time

L

Hi L!!

Was great to meet you and Sooty, Oh well for the race ... we still get our points anyway.

• Advertisement

Woohoo! easiest 5 points ever. not that I have ever got any points at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Was it raining? It has been pretty bad around here.

blorg wrote: »
    Was it raining? It has been pretty bad around here.
    Yeah, It was pretty bad when I left home and got even worse by the time the race was supposed to start. With all the potholes around the airport it was too dangerous to let us race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yeah, It was pretty bad when I left home and got even worse by the time the race was supposed to start. With all the potholes around the airport it was too dangerous to let us race.
    Ah OK, I presume that explains the "Woohoo! easiest 5 points ever" then ;-) Got absolutely soaked on the way home, taking it carefully, reckoned a race in these conditions would be a bit hairy all right.

LDB still got soaked cycling to the race ... so she deserved her points :) ... I just drove in ... lazy ...

LDB still got soaked cycling to the race ... so she deserved her points :) ... I just drove in ... lazy ...

yeah actually damn it! I did get pretty drenched so I'll take the points for that.
    I think there were a couple of girls there for the up north, would be pretty annoying to come all that way and not race - ah well suppose that's the risk with our weather.

hey LBD/caroline - wow what a race that was...phew....:D

L, i just saw you leaving, caroline pointed you out. it was a bit too wet and cold for the red short sleave top! had a black altura jacket on...
    Fair play to you and the other girls for cycling out. ye were absolutely drenched!!
    It was very bad out there this evening, i drove around the route myself just to see what was ahead of me when i arrived. there are lots of potholes you wouldnt see under the rain water.
    well at least the new bike was christened with its first bit of rain!

L, i just saw you leaving, caroline pointed you out. it was a bit too wet and cold for the red short sleave top! had a black altura jacket on...

saw me getting into the 'broom wagon' then did ya?!
    I was asking one of the lads for directions home and someone kindly offered me a lift in his van. I hope he was part of the race committee or something otherwise I just took a lift with a random stranger down unfamiliar back roads!
    I was very glad of it as I'm pretty sure I would have gotten lost on my way back.

Advertisement