Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of an old washing machine...

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Anyone done this in the city? Is it the council yard on Sandy Road that accept these? They open evenings? Any advice? cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

If you have bought a new washing machine then the place you bought it in will take your old machine. If thats the case, and they delivered to you, ring em up and tell them they never took your old machine.

You are already charged for the disposal of your old washing machine when you buy a new one.

Its called a WEEE charge, i think.
    Hope that helps somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

If you have bought a new washing machine then the place you bought it in will take your old machine. If thats the case, and they delivered to you, ring em up and tell them they never took your old machine.

You are already charged for the disposal of your old washing machine when you buy a new one.

Its called a WEEE charge, i think.
    Hope that helps somewhat

I already knew that but cheers anyway. This one is surplus to requirements, broken and should have been dumped ages ago but wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

They have a depot in Liosban, IIRC. I think that it's also open on Saturday until about lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Leave it outside a Halting site, will be well appreciated :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

give it away for free on adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm sure a 'Howya Boss' will take care of it for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Fey! wrote: »
    They have a depot in Liosban, IIRC. I think that it's also open on Saturday until about lunchtime.

It's only open Saturday from 9am to 1pm :mad: Great waste of a lunch hour there! Yer man says "there'd be too much traffic around the place if it was open all week!" He said this with a straight face while the whole yard and area was clear and not in the slightest bit 'busy' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement