Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any PUAs out there?

• 17-06-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm a RAFC in Dublin city looking to go sarging the pubs and clubs. Are there any PUAs or other RAFCs interested in doing the same?

Comments

Que?

/manuel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ah no, not again :D Theres another thread on this somewhere in the not so distant past IIRC

Why I outta

/rolls up sleeves

I'll pua you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm a RAFC in Dublin city looking to go sarging the pubs and clubs. Are there any PUAs or other RAFCs interested in doing the same?

If you need company, you ain't a PUA ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

God I am

Also an alpha male

YEAH!

• Advertisement

According to google this is a pua

AMOG-ing rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Listen, I can't stay long in this thread, I have to get back to my friends, they're talking in that other thread, over there.

We were having a debate about what the fuck an RAFC is, maybe you can help us out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

PUA's? RFAC'S?

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Listen, I can't stay long in this thread, I have to get back to my friends, they're talking in that other thread, over there.

We were having a debate about what the fuck an RAFC is, maybe you can help us out?

Really All Fucking Crap?

• Advertisement

PUA-Pick Up Artist
    RAFC -Reformed Average Frustrated Chump

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Very good ! Shame theres no Thank you button in AH

RAFC - RedXIV Answers From Carlow

Earthhorse wrote:
    RAFC - RedXIV Answers From Carlow

We DEFINITELY need a thank you button in this place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Used to - gave it up 3 years ago....and btw the Cube works like a charm! :D

PS: a PUA doesn't necessarily need a wingman, so do your study, go and enjoy yourself on the field! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

I think Robin Williams said it best in Good Morning Vietnam!
    Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yo brother,

I’m a SEBPAFC and I’m well up for sarging some HB9s in a target-rich environment. I have an ideal sex-location, which you are free to use as long as you can AMOG well and don’t mess with my energy, neg my target or interrupt my kino. I consulted with my guru and he feels my skills are Z-upped to the max recently, especially with my cocky-funny routine, my IOI/IOD usage, eliciting responses and my awesome cold opening. So you can wing me if you like!! Just one condition – no LRs please. I respect women too much for that.

Peace and love,
    Pepe LeLover

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

TripleAce wrote: »
    Used to - gave it up 3 years ago....and btw the Cube works like a charm! :D

PS: a PUA doesn't necessarily need a wingman, so do your study, go and enjoy yourself on the field! ;)

Oh I ain't a PUA yet. I've done the research though, and it's a road I could go down if I had the balls. Where did you go? Any advice?

Red XIV, you seem to know a bit about it. I tracked down the other PUA thread and you had a lot more to say there. I'm just wondering, did you actually do the stylelife challenge. How far did you get, what was tough/not so tough etc. I'm still struggling a LOT with AA, and I figure this could help if I do it.

Oh I ain't a PUA yet. I've done the research though, and it's a road I could go down if I had the balls. Where did you go? Any advice?

Red XIV, you seem to know a bit about it. I tracked down the other PUA thread and you had a lot more to say there. I'm just wondering, did you actually do the stylelife challenge. How far did you get, what was tough/not so tough etc. I'm still struggling a LOT with AA, and I figure this could help if I do it.

I had the advantage of being a bit nuts to start out with so some of the things in the stylelife challenge wouldn't bother me anyway. as i said in another thread somewhere, i made a new years resolution years ago to talk to one person a day everyday that i never met before. was one of the best decisions i've ever made.

Things that are tough are getting used to the idea of talking to people with the intention of just making conversation. I'd have no problem asking people something if i needed it, ie what time does last bus go at, where are the toilets?

I wouldn't call myself a PUA either, i don't like where alot of them ended up, i'm perfectly happy where i am now. If you've read the game, you'll know how it ends and know what i'm talking about. If you want practice, go to the boards beers tomorrow and try it. i'll be there if ya want back up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Trying to be a PUA is like wearing those button-up tracksuits bottoms from years back. You look like an idiot, people dont tell you this but you do, and people know you look like an idiot from a mile off. The whole acronym stuff always has me in bits, its like treating women like theyre software and a little bit of altering of some simple C codes will make them all yours.

...and the fact that more people who replied to this thread knew what these acronyms meant than didnt know should tell you something.

For the record... that 'something' is that PUA has gone mass market, and two, women know what PUA is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Trying to be a PUA is like wearing those button-up tracksuits bottoms from years back. You look like an idiot, people dont tell you this but you do, and people know you look like an idiot from a mile off. The whole acronym stuff always has me in bits, its like treating women like theyre software and a little bit of altering of some simple C codes will make them all yours.

...and the fact that more people who replied to this thread knew what these acronyms meant than didnt know should tell you something.

For the record... that 'something' is that PUA has gone mass market, and two, women know what PUA is.

And three, we can spot them a mile away. And then, the smart ones run.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol was this the thing where ppl were goin takin classes to get women?

step 1: Dont be gay
    step 2: Find a drunk girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

RedXIV wrote: »
    PUA-Pick Up Artist

:D

I thought it was Pick Up Anything :o

And three, we can spot them a mile away. And then, the smart ones run.:)

see, I told him there was smart wimmenz.

You owe me the name of a psychologist.

see, I told him there was smart wimmenz.

You owe me the name of a psychologist.

Did somebody call me?

He's a psychiatrist, and I still can't remember:).

Did somebody call me?

He's a psychiatrist, and I still can't remember:).

Yes me.

And for the record OP... ladies like her are the reason you shouldnt go 'sarging', she knows the difference between psychiatrist and pyschologist... hence, she knows the difference between a PUA and regular nice person not trying to manipulate her. They're a smart bunch those wimmenz, be warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

WTF is all this about? I feel old and lost.

Help
    Me
    Jebus

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    WTF is all this about? I feel old and lost.

Help
    Me
    Jebus

I'm sure you're neither old nor lost, and the fact you don't know what all this is about is a big plus in your favour.;)

Yes me.

And for the record OP... ladies like her are the reason you shouldnt go 'sarging', she knows the difference between psychiatrist and pyschologist... hence, she knows the difference between a PUA and regular nice person not trying to manipulate her. They're a smart bunch those wimmenz, be warned!
    I'm no fan of the 'community' but judging by this post you don't seem to know much about it. PUAs by and large don't manipulate people, and women can't tell them apart from a 'regular person' because there is no difference. There is a lot more to it than people just walking around asking girls their opinions on x, y and z and going through pre-rehearsed conversations.

• Advertisement

RedXIV, I have a wedding to go to tomrrow but I would love to be at it. How regular are they? When would the next one be?

Girlinterrupted, all this community does is teach guys what women want, and how to promote those attributes in themselves. I read your posts in the other PUA thread as well. I admire your outlook and your attitude, but you must know that you are in the minority. Very few women like you out there. Most women screen guys, like prospective employers in an interview. You have to know what they want and show them you have it, or you'll never be called back for the second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Explain the acronyms or GTFO.

RedXIV, I have a wedding to go to tomrrow but I would love to be at it. How regular are they? When would the next one be?

Girlinterrupted, all this community does is teach guys what women want, and how to promote those attributes in themselves. I read your posts in the other PUA thread as well. I admire your outlook and your attitude, but you must know that you are in the minority. Very few women like you out there. Most women screen guys, like prospective employers in an interview. You have to know what they want and show them you have it, or you'll never be called back for the second one.

the drinks seem to be on every few weeks.

Chatting to women like youre being judged will never result in connecting with women. Are you nervous when you go for a job interview normally?...

If your thinking that you need to change yourself for a woman your already thinking of yourself as a 'lesser' person than her. Thats never going to be a good thing when trying to attract women.
    I'm no fan of the 'community' but judging by this post you don't seem to know much about it. PUAs by and large don't manipulate people, and women can't tell them apart from a 'regular person' because there is no difference. There is a lot more to it than people just walking around asking girls their opinions on x, y and z and going through pre-rehearsed conversations.

The experts MAYBE... although I still think the whole thing is totally mainstream now. The average bloke attempting to come across all sauve when theyre a 5'1 office worker with a bald patch and dodgey skin wearing ten silver rings, a big flashy coloured jacket and some mad sunglasses... indoors. Its pathetic, I've seen it, and Ive seen it from a MILE off.

I've seen decent looking mid-twenties guys try this PUA style thing aswell, and yes, again it could be seen from a mile off. You tell a 'line' has planned once you hear it aswell... natural interactions/connections dont require pre-thought out 'openers' IMHO.

What you're describing is just one particular method of 'pick-up', it is the most common one because it has been popularised by the book. There are a lot of others that have nothing to do with wearing stupid clothes, telling pre-rehearsed stories, openers, and so on. As I said, there is a lot more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oranjeboom

Ive seen the PUA stuff 1st hand. Also a friend of mine went to a seminar a few years back. The stuff he was telling me, I almost fell over. I get why guy's want to appear more confident woman want to appear more confident too, but its the mind game aspect of it that doesn't sit comfortable with me.

Well, as a result of this I have changed my attitude entirely to not only women but the entire social scene. That's not to say that I am using stacked stories and material. That's not to say I'm peacocking (wearing tacky, sand-out clothes to get recognised). That's not to say I have changed myself as a person. It just means I've worked on my body language, my confidence (within a group) my story telling. I've gone from being that shy, quiet introvert who tags along on nights out but just sits there and doesn't really get involved, to being a lot more vocal, energetic and all round better person in social situations. All I'm missing is the confidence to actually speak with strangers and people I'm meeting for the first time. As Pepe LeFrits said, there's a lot of different aspects to it and for the most part it is about bettering yourself as a person, which in turn leads to success with the women, not using stacks of routines and dressing strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

This whole PUA thing looks like a lot of effort. Why can't you just walk up and say 'Hi'?

This message was posted via interpretive dance.

Well, as a result of this I have changed my attitude entirely to not only women but the entire social scene. That's not to say that I am using stacked stories and material. That's not to say I'm peacocking (wearing tacky, sand-out clothes to get recognised). That's not to say I have changed myself as a person. It just means I've worked on my body language, my confidence (within a group) my story telling. I've gone from being that shy, quiet introvert who tags along on nights out but just sits there and doesn't really get involved, to being a lot more vocal, energetic and all round better person in social situations. All I'm missing is the confidence to actually speak with strangers and people I'm meeting for the first time. As Pepe LeFrits said, there's a lot of different aspects to it and for the most part it is about bettering yourself as a person, which in turn leads to success with the women, not using stacks of routines and dressing strangely.

While I understand you want to gain more confidence which is great and more power to you but the logic behind the whole thing is to think that girls are thick and will respond to certain behaviour. The thing about not focusing on the girl you like and insulting her in a subtle way, and focusing on her friend instead is well treating girls or women as if they are think. Ffs women with any bit of cop on can see a twit coming a mile of whether he is pea cocking or not, whether he is searging (sp) or not. If you want to be with a woman who has a brain then your technique isn't going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This whole PUA thing looks like a lot of effort. Why can't you just walk up and say 'Hi'?

This message was posted via interpretive dance.

Exactly.

Can I just clarify one thing – PUA, or pick-up, chatting-up, pulling, whatever you want to call it – isn’t what you’re talking about. You’re talking about the ‘Mystery Method’ that was popularised by The Game. It’s like you’re saying that sport is a load of crap of because sport is just a bunch of guys running around a field kicking a ball and feigning injury. That isn’t sport; that’s one particular type of sport.
    oranjeboom wrote: »
    While I understand you want to gain more confidence which is great and more power to you but the logic behind the whole thing is to think that girls are thick and will respond to certain behaviour.
    It isn’t thinking girls are thick. Moreover people DO respond in certain ways to certain behaviour. You compliment someone and they’ll feel good, you insult them and they’ll tell you to fvck off. A person can be as intelligent or as stupid as you like, they’ll still respond to certain stimuli in the same manner.
    The thing about not focusing on the girl you like and insulting her in a subtle way, and focusing on her friend instead is well treating girls or women as if they are think. Ffs women with any bit of cop on can see a twit coming a mile of whether he is pea cocking or not, whether he is searging (sp) or not. If you want to be with a woman who has a brain then your technique isn't going to work.
    I don’t like it much either but the notion that it only works on stupid women is completely and utterly wrong. The idea behind this particular type of pick-up is the guy using it simultaneously makes himself appear desirable while making the girl feel that he isn’t interested in her. Smart women, no, smart people, are just as susceptible to wanting what they can’t have as less intelligent people are. It is only obvious that the person is using a technique or a method if they aren’t very good at it. If they are good at it then it comes across as being ‘natural’ (ostensibly because by repeating the behaviour again and again, it has become natural to them).
    Presumably because assuming that the guy doesn’t get told where to go after saying hi, an entire conversation has to follow that and a lot of guys struggle with that

Of course most people have heard of this from 'The Game', it is what brought this to the puplic forum, but its not the only source available. AFAIK from listening to people who have been to workshops and the like is that it undermines women. I have no problem with men or women for that matter doing whatever they feel to gain more confidence, and I do understand that people respond to certain stimuli BUT in my opinion it smells a bit like manipulation in a sinister way. Why cant a guy be himself, its very hard to keep up a facade of falseness and that is what I feel guys are doing. Its being false.

• Advertisement

Why cant a guy be himself, its very hard to keep up a facade of falseness and that is what I feel guys are doing. Its being false.

Yes, unlike everyone else out there on the dating scene who are all totally being themselves. No one's fronting, not one bit.

Only difference with PUAs is that they admit it.

Yes, unlike everyone else out there on the dating scene who are all totally being themselves. No one's fronting, not one bit.

Only difference with PUAs is that they admit it.

Well obviously people dont wear their heart on their sleeves all of the time its not like your going to tell our life story in a matter of minutes, but I dont think the only difference with PUA's is they admit it. It is a different kettle of fish. PUA's go out of their way to hide their true selves.

Well obviously people dont wear their heart on their sleeves all of the time its not like your going to tell our life story in a matter of minutes, but I dont think the only difference with PUA's is they admit it. It is a different kettle of fish. PUA's go out of their way to hide their true selves.

As i said in the other thread, if you condemn people who try to learn this, then you must equally condemn any women reading magazines with "how to keep your guy happy in bed!" or "What guys really want?"

Women have had the resources for years and thanks to basic social instincts, women have had an advantage in all social situations. you can argue if you want but thats the facts. girls get approached, guys do the approaching as a general rule. The fact that guys might become better at presenting themselves seems to irritate and scare alot of women. What if i was to point out that quite a bit of the PUA stuff came straight from a guide book on how to be successful on job interviews? people wouldn't be complaining then, it's a form of bettering yourself and some people can get alot of good out of this

As i said in the other thread, if you condemn people who try to learn this, then you must equally condemn any women reading magazines with "how to keep your guy happy in bed!" or "What guys really want?"

Women have had the resources for years and thanks to basic social instincts, women have had an advantage in all social situations. you can argue if you want but that's the facts. girls get approached, guys do the approaching as a general rule. The fact that guys might become better at presenting themselves seems to irritate and scare a lot of women. What if i was to point out that quite a bit of the PUA stuff came straight from a guide book on how to be successful on job interviews? people wouldn't be complaining then, it's a form of bettering yourself and some people can get a lot of good out of this

I do agree that for year's women have been able to tap into advice much easier then men, but I have seen blokes change from being nice guys to pure arse-wipes through this PUA thing. Im not condemning anyone for anything. If someone feels they need to do this to get more confidence then great. It doesn't irritate me than men want to present themselves in a better way. I would say more power to them BUT to me some aspects of this system seem a little bit dishonest. Its just my thoughts on the situation. I dont want to argue with you or anyone. We are ALL entitled to our opinion. We all dont have to agree.

Yes it is true that men have in the past had to be the ones to approach women but times are changing.

*shrug* well group the guys that turn into arseholes after this with the girls that turned into sluts. i know plenty of guys who did this and turned out as perfect gentlemen just with better social tools.

You can't blame the method for the people it produces. thats like blaming a knife for stabbing someone

*shrug* well group the guys that turn into arseholes after this with the girls that turned into sluts. i know plenty of guys who did this and turned out as perfect gentlemen just with better social tools.

You can't blame the method for the people it produces. thats like blaming a knife for stabbing someone

Oh like guns don't shoot people, people shoot people. :rolleyes:

No one's saying it's all good oranjeboom, but it's not all bad either.

No one's saying it's all good oranjeboom, but it's not all bad either.

No Im not saying its all bad either. Maybe I have just seen a lot of the bad.

Oh like guns don't shoot people, people shoot people. :rolleyes:
    Not like that at all, but I think you know that already.
    I do agree that for year's women have been able to tap into advice much easier then men, but I have seen blokes change from being nice guys to pure arse-wipes through this PUA thing.
    I doubt that. More likely the case is that they were arseholes before, they just didn’t have the confidence to project it.

I agree in that I find the method of picking up women somewhat distasteful. I wouldn’t so much describe it as dishonest but as artificial and it doesn’t sit well with me. However there are a lot of other methods that are very forthcoming and honest which I don’t see anything wrong with at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bluepoma

r u still around? if u are why not! drop me an email.

poma

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement