Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui M4 R.I.S

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hey I have a M4 R.I.S, and I've completely forgotten what tool to use to take the flashider off to attach my silencer, would it be an allen key? I tried to use a very small one, but it didn't work. The area is a small circler hole, so I have no idea what tool to use:(

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

There is normally an allen key and then the flash hider just unscrews. Have you tried unscrewing the flash hider? Maybe there is no allen key in there? You should be able to see the head of the grub screw?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Yea now that I look at it again, the allen key I have isn't small enough, although I kept this allen with my airsoft gear :( Is it possible to damage the threads with the right sized key?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Also the flash hiders screw off clockwise, not anti clockwise as with a regular screw.

As kd said, there should a small grub screw in that hole stopping the flashider from twisting.

Just remember to twist the hider clockwise to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

WOW! So I'm not the only person with a TM M4 RIS :D

To answer your question its a 1.5mm or 2mm allen key (can't remember which) that turns the grub screw that keeps the flash hider sitting at the right angle. Don't try to remove the flash hider without unscrewing the grub (and don't unscrew the grub all the way or you'll loose it, like me :() or you'll damage the barrels threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Also im pretty sure a T6 torx will fit it too,. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

It's a 1.5, allen key.

Advertisement