Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeater

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

I was told that if i got a repeater in my house it would improve my wireless broadband. and also my mobile phone signal because both are so poor. is this the case and can anyone recommend one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Hi Matron,

Yes a repeater will improve your wireless signal about the house (assuming you alreayd have a wireless router), but it wont do any good for your mobile phone, its a seperate system, using different set of frequencies. You cant legally install a mobile phone repeater system yourself.
    Wexfordman

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

yea wouldnt mind one of them either!!where are they available to buy?....is their a way of illegaly doing it wexfordman?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

damn it anyway . well is there anyway to improve signal in the house then? dont fully understand the system.

thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

External aerial is only way for EDGE/3G/HSDPA, Ripwave, Clearwire. High speed Fixed Wireless already always uses external aerial.

It's important to differentiate between your own WiFi (wireless) if you are using it, which you can get a "repeater" for (doubles latency and halves speed, so cat5 cable to an extra airpoint WiFi base is better, or just move WiFi router), and Internet delivered by Wireless rather than DSL phone line, fibre or Cable.

Do you really have "Wireless Internet" or a WiFI adaptor/router on some other type of Internet, or "Wireless Internet" and WiFi?

Advertisement