Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holland v Romania and France v Italy

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Holland and Italy for me tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The Dutch have already tried to beat the Romanians twice recently and failed. They don't even have to win this time so i wouldn't be overly confident.

I agree with you on Italy. I feel they are the more likely of the two to get their act together. The French will just start sulking if things don't go their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

draw in the holland game, france win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

draw in the holland game, france win

What odds did you get on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Just checked out the odds and I don't agree with them, they have France at about 9/5 but I think if there's a winner it will be them. Also I think Netherlands at 2/1 is a bit too generous, different team and nothing to play for but Robben alone should mean the Dutch have a good chance, Van Persie and Huntelaar will want to impress. I'm gonna wait for the 1st 5 minutes to see how they play before deciding if I'm gonna bet it, before switching to the France game.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,388 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it will be a draw in the holland game, but out of the two wins, the value is on the dutch imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Have a fiver on Holland and Italy to win, hopefully things stay the way they are. 34 back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

Happy Days :):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

If the Dutch played every day I would be a billionaire by the end of the year, they are the only team I have found myself continually backing during a game cause they look so good. I would have liked them to score a 2nd for me but Robben came off so I'll forgive them that. They are going to absolutely annihilate Russia or Sweden in the Quarters, a 4 figure bet is in order if the odds turn out to be as good as 1/2 I would say.

The French were unlucky with Ribery getting injured, sending off and peno, then deflected free kick. Not that I'm complaining about the free kick as I bet Italy to score the 2nd, but they were no great shakes. Which isn't to say that they cannot overcome Spain if Spain play as ineptly as they did against Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Fair play hotspur, you must have some of my money. Lost all my winnings from Portugal and Spain topping their groups on Romania +1 goal last night.

I felt the changes alone would upset the Dutch, honestly ranks up as the worst bet I've done so far.

The Dutch were so superior and should've easily won by more.

It's going to be a long and lonely climb back to the top.

Advertisement