Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV: 6 star wanted level and helicopters

• 17-06-2008 1:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

OK i imagine im way behind most of you. Yesterday i flew a helicopter for the first time and changed me arm flying over the last island i havent unlocked yet.

Low and behold i got an instant 6 star wanted level. So i desperately flew as far away as i could to try rid the rating.

However even though i managed to outrun the cops, the aul cop circle on the map remained on me with me dead centre.

However on a positive note, i unlocked an achievement for avoiding the cops at 6 stars for so long. Does anyone know though, are you pretty much goosed at 6 stars?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yep pretty much. At 6 stars, its just really a matter of how long you can stay alive...they will kill you in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

yeah your toast at that level, although i havnt managed to get to a pay and spray and try to sneak in without being seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

Get to a safe house and you can sleep it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Yep the safe house is the only way, but after you save, you may have to re load your game, as your wanted level may still be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Ive only being at6 stars once for 5secs good going i thought!

This was when i came to fast up to one of the locked bridges and ran into the line of blocking cops. The FBI shot my ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭COUCH WARRIOR

i did it before unlocking the third island, using one of the helitours choppers and got away with no hassle from the police by
    landing on the roof of the appartment that Dwane gives you if you kill the other guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I think if, not completely sure though, that if you're in a helicopter you can't escape the police. I could be wrong, but every time I've been in one with a wanted level the circle stays no matter what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I think if, not completely sure though, that if you're in a helicopter you can't escape the police. I could be wrong, but every time I've been in one with a wanted level the circle stays no matter what I do.

I think you can't escape the police from a 3-6 star wanted level in a helicopter. (Because it would be hard to escape when you're flying in the air:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Larkin501 wrote: »
    I think you can't escape the police from a 3-6 star wanted level in a helicopter. (Because it would be hard to escape when you're flying in the air:p)

I escaped it today on a boat not a bother, just turned around and belted in the other direction. Happy Days!

I too chanced my arm trying to get to the third island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

for some reason, when i was in a helicopter and had 6 stars i couldnt get away no matter how much i flew, but when i was in a boat i got the 6 star for 5 minutes achievement and escaped no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

razorblunt wrote: »
    I escaped it today on a boat not a bother, just turned around and belted in the other direction. Happy Days!

I too chanced my arm trying to get to the third island.
    A boat is different though. It behaves like any other other vehicle when trying to escape a wanted level. The point of this thread is to show that when you have a wanted level in a helicopter, the circle will stay centred on you whether the cops can see you or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

faceman wrote: »
    However even though i managed to outrun the cops, the aul cop circle on the map remained on me with me dead centre.

You steal the police helicopter from the airport? You can't outrun the police in that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You steal the police helicopter from the airport? You can't outrun the police in that.

I got the helicopter from the south east of the middle island. "helitours"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

Larkin501 wrote: »

I got away on 3 stars last time I played. The circle was centred on me for ages no matter where I went but I kept flying around and eventually got rid of it.
    Try to avoid the cops flashing lights on the map and u can get outside of the circle then when they can't see you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

all you have to do is land near a subway station, if a bike is nearby floor it into the subway and drive along the tracks they cant follow you only on foot,easily done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Hiding in the alley ways is great fun for a bit of adrenaline.
    You can get away that way too!

Advertisement