Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming Groups

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

Hi,
    I would be interested to take part in some project in C/C++ language, embedded, linux, robotics, ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Jiri wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would be interested to take part in some project in C/C++ language, embedded, linux, robotics, ...
    Indeed me as well.

I want to also maybe develop open source thing like I've done for my FYP (See sig). If anyone is interested please contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭DrivingTestTips: Brian

Did this take off cos i would be interested in it.......

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Indeed me as well.

I want to also maybe develop open source thing like I've done for my FYP (See sig). If anyone is interested please contact me.

what ??????????????

BrianCon wrote: »
    what ??????????????
    What don't you understand.

I'm thinking of going OS with the final year project and would like people to help me if they interested. I'm not so sure if this group will ever take off to be honest.

I'd love to get into area of embedded and robotics perhaps with a bit of AI too (Currently studying Bayesian Networks :))

• Advertisement

What is (See sig)

What is (See sig)
    See signature! - I've a link in it.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    See signature! - I've a link in it.

Oooo Because I'm new to the forum I cant see them......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I dont think a group of everyone will work - but somewhere to match ppl up who want to work on the same types of tech in small groups might work. ie start a project, set the status to recruiting and anyone that interested can join. Then give them the ability to share out tasks, collaborate on design, etc.

voxpop wrote: »
    I dont think a group of everyone will work - but somewhere to match ppl up who want to work on the same types of tech in small groups might work. ie start a project, set the status to recruiting and anyone that interested can join. Then give them the ability to share out tasks, collaborate on design, etc.
    Maybe yes.

However it would really be nice to create a working environment/platform like source forge where we can get a list of projects with their own SVN/Trac or other projectmanagement etc. Be nice to have a central point for projects to be stored.

If they were open source, better again. We could represent Ireland's open source community.

Only ideas.

• Advertisement

yeah exactly - a central point for starting/recruiting/hosting and managing projects, which gives anyone interested easy access to getting involved in the projects of their choosing.

There is plenty of opensource software out there to get this up and running - the only real blocker is hosting as you would need full access to the box in order to install and configure the software

yeah exactly - a central point for starting/recruiting/hosting and managing projects, which gives anyone interested easy access to getting involved in the projects of their choosing.

There is plenty of opensource software out there to get this up and running - the only real blocker is hosting as you would need full access to the box in order to install and configure the software
    Yeah true. We would need almost dedicated hosting. I can get my hands on one to begin with at least and maybe we can all pay a small fee to keep it running until we get donations...

Better again, maybe a hosting company would like to sponsor us.

Try Blacknight.. I'm with them and find them spot on..

So lets get more discussion going on this.

Anyone else got any open source projects belong to themselves that they'd like to place on this site and open up to contributions?

Hoping this site/group will work out...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd like to hear from Sposs. Maybe there is something that we can do as a group to get the coders.ie site off the ground.

This was first posted on 17-06-2008.

WHY O WHY are ye still talking about it?
    Why is it not up and running?
    Why are ye asking about hosting?

The fact that it is still a topic of conversation is what is wrong! Too many opinions and not enough workers.

I think there are enough good Irish programmers on this forum to get this up and live in a week.
    Setup a forum for programmers to give advice and/or offer their services
    Start with that and we will go from there.

Just so you all know! I'm self taught in some programming languages, reason is I was let down be a programmer who would talk for Ireland but would do fech all. so people get the finger out and make it work as it is a good idea and I would join.

Sorry about the rant..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Certainly has the potential of being a wealth of free/cheap labour and as a proving ground for those of us who've yet to get our foot in the door anywhere and aren't so great at social networking:o, as such a benefit to both those offering projects and those offering labour.

All my projects so far have been small ones; either little java applications for friends or small (really basic IMO) php stuff to benefit folks in a game I play. As such I have been buying some project based teaching books/cookbooks so I can get into them when done with the basic material, as although hesitant about landing myself in the deep-end and being overwhelmed if I were given a project, I would like to get into something meatier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Sorry for the delay in this guys , have dedicated server allocated and software is a work in progress , hope to have screenshots available next week , and looking to launch in Jan :)

Sposs wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in this guys , have dedicated server allocated and software is a work in progress , hope to have screenshots available next week , and looking to launch in Jan :)
    Good stuff. Looking forward

This was first posted on 17-06-2008.

WHY O WHY are ye still talking about it?
    Why is it not up and running?
    Why are ye asking about hosting?

The fact that it is still a topic of conversation is what is wrong! Too many opinions and not enough workers.

I think there are enough good Irish programmers on this forum to get this up and live in a week.
    Setup a forum for programmers to give advice and/or offer their services
    Start with that and we will go from there.

Just so you all know! I'm self taught in some programming languages, reason is I was let down be a programmer who would talk for Ireland but would do fech all. so people get the finger out and make it work as it is a good idea and I would join.

Sorry about the rant..
    Well, there's no deadline in place and this is a bit like planning or requirements gathering so it's only natural that it will take a while. I'm not sure that tearing off to create new forum is the best idea anyway. There's already a pretty active programming forum here on Boards after all.
    Sposs wrote: »
    That's good to hear Sposs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

*bump*

....well, any news?

Sorry to drag this up again.

I'm still interested in this. I know it's a big job.

I'm quite busy myself but I could give it a go getting something together?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Guys, does anyone here know much about Prolog?

I started a Masters and we're touching base on basic prolog, as far as i was concerned i was okayish but when given an assignment i struggled...

Just looking to get extra tutorial

On this whole thing, while the site is coming along - anyone interested in working on some aws stuff, finding it hard to get going but looks interesting - project ideas welcome - should really get my ass in gear :)

Im also tinkering with android a little, if there is any interest in that.

while the site is coming along
    The site has been "coming along" since June 2009 so I wouldn't be holding my breath if I was you.

Advertisement