Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lewis Hamilton pays £200k for plate..

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

here's some comic relief:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43020

what a **** - its a shame because i used to like this guy. whats with all the bling bs is always on about though!??

love the way itv-f1 even try to defend his action by mentioning how the "F1" plate sold for 400 grand. Difference is that - *that* plate will *always* have value to anyone... rather than only to those who are called lewis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Homer

should have got..

275070349_62cbd6244a_4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's his money, let himspend it as he likes. Chump change to him.

Hopefully the Lewis that owned it before him was not as rich as Lewis Hamilton & this 200k made him & his family happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Homer

Hopefully the Lewis that owned it before him was not as rich as Lewis Hamilton & this 200k made him & his family happy.

Previous owner paid £50,000 for it a year ago, so I'd say he's a happy camper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭captainosull

Pity the same place isnt selling lives, as the op could have bought one. Get a life and complain about something that actually ***matters***, if you must complain at all ffs. A motoring forum shouldnt be populated with the garbage that goes on here daily, there are some very good posters, but a lot of babies. Now go home and tell mammy that somebody on the forum gave out to you.

Out

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LEW 1S

The guy has got real class...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

It's all relative. How many days work does that represent to him?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Pity the same place isnt selling lives, as the op could have bought one. Get a life and complain about something that actually ***matters***, if you must complain at all ffs. A motoring forum shouldnt be populated with the garbage that goes on here daily, there are some very good posters, but a lot of babies. Now go home and tell mammy that somebody on the forum gave out to you.

Out

I don't find this post garbage, I find it interesting
    Chill :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

MrPudding wrote: »
    It's all relative. How many days work does that represent to him?

MrP

about 4 - 5 hours...

he was saposally paid over 100 million last year...

edit he attually makes 11 and half grand a hour so a 16 / 17 hours will have it for him....

saying that if he is feeling lazy he can make it in bed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

geoff29 wrote: »
    here's some comic relief:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43020

what a **** - its a shame because i used to like this guy. whats with all the bling bs is always on about though!??
    So what? hardly a reason to stop liking him.
    love the way itv-f1 even try to defend his action by mentioning how the "F1" plate sold for 400 grand. Difference is that - *that* plate will *always* have value to anyone... rather than only to those who are called lewis.
    And I am sure that somebody laughed at Bob Jones 12 months ago when he paid 50 grand for it. Assuming he want or needs to sell it for some reason, I am sure he will be able to shift it.
    anto-t wrote: »
    about 4 - 5 hours...

Exactly. So would someone on a tenner an hour have a problem with paying 60 for a licence plate which had their name on it (assuming they would want such a thing.)? I don't see the issue myself.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

anto-t wrote: »
    about 4 - 5 hours...

edit he attually makes 11 and half grand a hour so a 16 / 17 hours will have it for him....

saying that if he is feeling lazy he can make it in bed :p

well last year mclaren paid him less than £500,000 so i guess the other 95.5 million was sponsorship deals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

here now, as i said, twas meant as comic relief. so captain take a pinch of salt with the old chill pill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

If you have it, use it. Why not.

Good on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭captainosull

Not really, you called him an obscenity, and stated that you "used" to like him. Fairly sad just because the man bought a reg plate like....

Sorry but I just got memories of the insurance disc holder thread, and seen this turning into a similar irrelevant thread ......"shudders"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,532 ✭✭✭✭vectra

He can buy all the plate he want but still need sot go to specsavers the blind PLONKER..!!

As far as I know the fello that sold it is Mega rich property developer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

vectra wrote: »
    He can buy all the plate he want but still need sot go to specsavers the blind PLONKER..!!
    What ... like both Massa and Fisichella did during the 2007 Canadian GP? or are they 'plonkers' too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

some threads make me feel like the fella in this picture:

http://www.hwick.de/teich/sandkasten1.jpg

Alun wrote: »
    What ... like both Massa and Fisichella did during the 2007 Canadian GP? or are they 'plonkers' too?

Hmm.
    Sorry.
    I must have forgotten ( or maybe blinked ) and missed where one of them ran into the other in the pit lane HAMILTON IS A BLIND PLONKER..

I like his choice of cars to hit when he realised he wastns going to stop :rolleyes:

Slimy git.:mad:

peasant wrote: »

Whats that feeling ? relaxed ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,453 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think personalised plates appeal to people who didn't always have loads of money, like footballers, big brother contestants, and lotto winners.

M1 - £331,000 - 2006

51 NGH - £254,000 - 2006

K1 NGS - £235,000 - 1993

GS1- £220,000 - 2005

1A - £200,000 - 1989

1 OO - £197,000 - 2006

1F - £144,000 - 2005

S1 NGH - £108,000 - 1998

1RR - £106,000 - 1994

MR51 NGH - £101,000 - 2006

1S - £100,000 - 1998

G1 LLY - £87,000 - 1990

1MK - £83,000 - 2002

RU55 ELL - £78,000 - 2006

Source: DVLA/Bonhams

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think personalised plates appeal to people who didn't always have loads of money, like footballers, big brother contestants, and lotto winners.

M1 - £331,000 - 2006

51 NGH - £254,000 - 2006

K1 NGS - £235,000 - 1993

GS1- £220,000 - 2005

1A - £200,000 - 1989

1 OO - £197,000 - 2006

1F - £144,000 - 2005

S1 NGH - £108,000 - 1998

1RR - £106,000 - 1994

MR51 NGH - £101,000 - 2006

1S - £100,000 - 1998

G1 LLY - £87,000 - 1990

1MK - £83,000 - 2002

RU55 ELL - £78,000 - 2006

Source: DVLA/Bonhams

PEN 15 - Priceless

For everything else their's Mastercard :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

peasant wrote: »

A paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Max_Damage wrote: »
    A paedophile?

Ohhh ..personal insult ...oyweyh !

I'm going to report you to the moderator, yes I will !!

Ohh ..hang on ...

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think personalised plates appeal to people who didn't always have loads of money, like footballers, big brother contestants, and lotto winners

Nail + head
    PEN 15 - Priceless

I remember that one from a TV program years ago. IIRC it was on a bright red mercedes benz convertible (E-class?) driven by the good looking platinum blonde mid 40s wife of a newly rich <coughs>entrepreneur</coughs>

Now that one was so brazen I actually liked it :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

unkel wrote: »
    Nail + head

I remember that one from a TV program years ago. IIRC it was on a bright red mercedes benz convertible (E-class?) driven by the good looking platinum blonde mid 40s wife of a newly rich <coughs>entrepreneur</coughs>

Now that one was so brazen I actually liked it :D
    I thought it was Steve Parrish that owned the PEN 15 plate?

Robbo wrote: »
    I thought it was Steve Parrish that owned the PEN 15 plate?

I'm not sure it was that exact plate that featured in the program I saw. Could it have been PEN I5 instead? I dunno who Steve Parrish is either. A footballer?

steve parrish? didnt i watch him in truck racing 20 years ago?! he commentates for bbc moto gp - think he did that stuff too..

steve parrish? didnt i watch him in truck racing 20 years ago?!.

You sure did.

or
    How about the Limerick farmer that had the personalised plates more than 20 years ago, I think his name was McDonald.
    EIE 10 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

Hmm.
    Sorry.
    I must have forgotten ( or maybe blinked ) and missed where one of them ran into the other in the pit lane HAMILTON IS A BLIND PLONKER..

I like his choice of cars to hit when he realised he wastns going to stop :rolleyes:

Slimy git.:mad:

There's a great piss-take of this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLXJDQCL8I

Lewis Hamilton: "BANG!! HA HA!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

You sure did.
    How about the Limerick farmer that had the personalised plates more than 20 years ago, I think his name was McDonald.
    EIE 10 :D

Now that's a COOL personalised plate - I like it...:D

'LEW 1S ' however is uber-tacky. His excuse when criticised for going to live in a Swiss tax haven last year was that he needed to move because of 'lack of privacy':rolleyes:

I think even Hamilton's fellow drivers are beginning to think he's a bit of a plonker -
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16062008/13/hamilton-different-mindset-kubica.html

And Bernie Ecclestone has had a bit of a dig at Hammy as well:
    http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=22278

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    'LEW 1S ' however is uber-tacky. His excuse when criticised for going to live in a Swiss tax haven last year was that he needed to move because of 'lack of privacy':rolleyes:
    I think even Hamilton's fellow drivers are beginning to think he's a bit of a plonker -

exactly!!!!!! im pretty surprised by all the glamour stuff - i would have thought he was going to be the complete opposite of that - but he's really onboard for all that stuff. yeh fine for some.. but i like my f1 drivers to be more into the cars etc.

think i like kubica - never hear him give out about anyone - just gets on with it - and he's pretty quick.

maybe i just miss ayrton senna

Advertisement