Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish - How'd it go?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I couldn't be happier with how it went. Our class concentrated on the environment a lot during the year. I was fortunate to be in a very talented class and have a great teacher and so we were able to help eachother become great in Spanish. Almost certainly an A1 :D

And im finished now, so im quite ecstatic.

Im defo keeping up the language, cuz i love it so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cumonunited

same ere i tot it went reli well!:) i was delighted to see d theme piece about climate change cum up cos i had dat done:) d tape wasnt too bad etha, du u kno 4 d famous footballer 1 did u get 4 his favourite pastime he likes flyin remote control planes??:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I thought the dialogue was kinda hard, but otherwise it went really well, B1 or A2 if i'm lucky. The comprehensions were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Yeah, that was stupid!

And the last piece which is usually rock hard was piss :D Our teacher was crazy. Predicted environment, and told us to look at the Royal Family and Space travel. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cumonunited

u did:eek:........sweet!:D.....ya d last part wasnt dat bad at all actually:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

yeah it was really fair overall... the dialogue construction was pretty hard, usually they give you way more on the spanish side but this time is was like two words each time! the piece on the environment was AWESOME. the short note was great too cos our spanish class went to toledo last year :) overall i'm happy and i'm finiiiiished now so yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

What a great paper! Thanks to the ppl on the other thread who said environment would come up! I was able to talk about compost of all things.. I didnt strictly adhere to the number of words guideline (wrote 3 pages) but hey! they arent goin to penalise me. Only one question which was a bit odd, the one about the efect on humans, wasnt sure if the failing economy due to floods counted as an effect on humans or not

I for one would like to thank the SEC for having the Section B text seperately, it made the whole thing easier, taking away the hassle of flicking back and forth for the synonyms.. they should really do that for french and german too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmccaff

Dialogue construction was a bit tough but other than that, it was a very good paper, alot easier than last year.

prawn wrote: »
    I for one would like to thank the SEC for having the Section B text seperately, it made the whole thing easier, taking away the hassle of flicking back and forth for the synonyms.. they should really do that for french and german too.

They dont? :confused: Thats pretty gay. I even get annoyed cuz i usually have to overlap the sheets cuz our tables are small and then lift them up to read and stuff.

It must be horrible flipping the page back and forth :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Spanish is definetely the most student friendly language

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Crikey, I almost forgive the department of education for that awful chemistry paper. It was unbelievably nice - the comprehensions were really accessible, and the aural was pretty tasty too. I hear what people are saying about the dialogue, the dependiente wasn't much of a talker... I decided to do the formal letter instead, as that's what I'd practiced most in class. And the diary entry, well, gave me a chance to ramble on about Gaudi, and the Catalan accent. Oh, I feel all full of Spanish love now...good thing I'm doing it next year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

It was nice enough, comprehensions were very reasonable but that dialogue was a bitch, definatly lost me some marks there:pac:anyone gonna go on and study spanish in college now?

i could see how the dialogue might have tripped a lot of people up, but i think i dealt with it well.

Im going to do a spanish course on the side of my science course in trinity. Thats something i really like about TCD, that they provided that.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

You can do a language on the side w/ science in Trinity? Cool.

Yeah, I'm probably veering towards arts in UCC next year, Spanish, History of Art, maybe Italian, and Greek. Languages are meant to get a lot harder in third level though, but, what hey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

Da Bomber wrote: »
    It was nice enough, comprehensions were very reasonable but that dialogue was a bitch, definatly lost me some marks there:pac:anyone gonna go on and study spanish in college now?

yup i am, arts in ucc - spanish english politics and something else, possibly sociology. i plan on doing the degree in spanish and politics, i love the spanish!! plus my grandfather was really involved in the spanish department in ucc so it's kinda a family thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maromo

que pasa gente, como ha ido? yo de puta madre jeje. como veis soy español aunque me a parecido un poco dificil traducir algunas cosas al ingles, me a parecido un examen bastante interesante. venga mucha suerte;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 looly

MattD wrote: »
    Im going to do a spanish course on the side of my science course in trinity.

im doing that too! but not science, im doin psychology, but im doin the extra course in spanish as well :D

See you there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

MattD wrote: »
    I couldn't be happier with how it went. Our class concentrated on the environment a lot during the year. I was fortunate to be in a very talented class and have a great teacher and so we were able to help eachother become great in Spanish. Almost certainly an A1 :D

And im finished now, so im quite ecstatic.

Im defo keeping up the language, cuz i love it so much

Pfft .. I live in Spain now, and listened to the honours LC audio test ..
    joke .. a joke

Advertisement