Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo removal

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if anyone has had a tatto removed and what the costs mite be or if there are any alternatives such as getting it covered by another tattoo? I got a relatively large tattoo last year on my upper arm and it has began to blister and look pretty unattractive.

I like tattoos and had always wanted to get one but when i did it was a spur of the moment thing and if i got it removed i would definately consider getting another maybe on my back or shoulder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anyone has had a tatto removed and what the costs mite be or if there are any alternatives such as getting it covered by another tattoo? I got a relatively large tattoo last year on my upper arm and it has began to blister and look pretty unattractive.

I like tattoos and had always wanted to get one but when i did it was a spur of the moment thing and if i got it removed i would definately consider getting another maybe on my back or shoulder.

I'm in the process of having one removed from my arm. Laser treatment is €150 a session and is quite painful. I was supposed to have ten sessions but after four my tattoo is nearly gone so I'll probably just have two more. I can now cover it up with a rimmell concealer. I have to say it's been worth every penny and wouldn't hesistate to recommend it. I go to the Verkerly clinic near Walkinstown roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

I have been looking up the treatment in cork also. What are the payment options? Do you have to pay up front or can you set up a DD? Also would my medical insurance cover any of the cost?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Moved from PI.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Maybe a cover up can be done or redone on your tattoo.
    Removing tattoos can be really expensive to have done.
    Depending on the size of your tattoo.
    They dont completly dissapear from removal imo.
    There is way of getting tattoos redone or covered up.
    A good reputable tattooist will help if you think you want something done about your tattoo.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

There is a place in Naas that does laser removal and its €80 per session but you need a few sessions!! Cant think of the name just yet, but If I find it I'll come back to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Another thing you need to consider is that certain colours don't degrade as well with the Laser treatment, so they might not fade completely and you will always be left with some residual colour. To give you an example, if you look at Angelina Jolie's arm where she had that tattoo with her ex husbands name on it, if you look at photos you can clearly see that there had been a tattoo there. I'd go for a consultation at a Laser Clinic, and see what they think the success chances are. It might be worth getting a tattoo coverup. Best bet is look up the golden pages and give a few places a ring. A lot of beauticians do it now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

why does a tattoo blister? is this common?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Rory123 wrote: »
    why does a tattoo blister? is this common?
    have you just had a tattoo done or removal?

Just had one done and looking after it very carefully and not I'm not a sunbather... But could this happen anyway, just bad luck like?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What are you putting on it? Is it possible that you're allergic to whatever cream you're using? TBH, I'd go back to the tattoo parlour and get them to look at it to make sure everything's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It will scab up which is most likely what is happening to your tattoo, if you could post a picture itd be way easier. else just go back to your tattoo artist and see what they make of it

ARG! Nothing is wrong with my tattoo. I was just asking in general as this is what happened to the OP's tattoo, and I'm wondering is it common and what's the cause. My tattoo is healing fine, I used Bepanthen for the first couple of days and now E45.

Excuse the confusion and thanks anyway for the concern! :rolleyes:

I got a relatively large tattoo last year on my upper arm and it has began to blister and look pretty unattractive.

;)

Advertisement