Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exeter garage charges 2 pounds a litre!

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Holy crap, on the day it was revealed in an RTE price survey you can buy a a litre of unleaded for €1.16 on a Galway forecourt, Foxhayes ESSO garage at Exwick Exetex charged 199.9 sterling which is €2.51.6! :eek:

They were 'forced' to cut it back today (Tuesday) to £1.20 a litre for petrol and £1.36 for diesel, but with a maximum £5 spend

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7458425.stm

If you are heading to Britian in the car for anytime at all fill up and hitch a bowser! :p

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's got to do with supply shortages due to the current tanker drivers strikes in the UK combined with some good old-fashioned racketeering than the innate price of the fuel. You can be sure that if something similar happens here the same will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

mike65 wrote: »
    Holy crap, on the day it was revealed in an RTE price survey you can buy a a litre of unleaded for €1.16 on a Galway forecourt
    Have you a link to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope I've haven't looked - heard this on the radio.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I am sure we will be looking back with nostalgia at this post in a few years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Nope I've haven't looked - heard this on the radio.

Mike.
    Ok, nothing on the RTE site. Was it on Morning Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's only a rip off if people are willing to pay it.

The article mentions people being angry because they were not aware of the price. With the price of fuel at an all time high for the last 12 months or so I cannot believe some people still don't check the price when they pull into a service station. It's displayed on a big sign outside the forecourt and on the pump itself so no excuse for not knowing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

you can buy a a litre of unleaded for €1.16 on a Galway forecourt

I'd also like to know where this is. It couldn't be in Galway city as nowhere is under €1.30 in the urban area from what I can see.

Advertisement