Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for 18th - is money ok?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I've just been invited to an 18th birthday. The family live next door but as I'm not living in the area that long, I don't know them that well, so basically I have no idea what to get him as a present. So I'm thinking would it be ok to give him money & then how much? €20/30? I know it's lazy and unmaginitive, but then he can use it for music, games, clothes, drink or whatever he wants himself.....rather than me giving him something he doesn't want

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'd go with the 20 myself, the 18th is one of the biggest ones to be honest and he'll probably get so much crap from the direct family he might be thankful for the cash :D

Advertisement