Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wrote a naughty subject!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

_JOE_ wrote: »
    .i wouldn't condone the behaviour at all and would be one of the first to mention it if i was in his school, but otherwise, it's not my business...

You edited what you wrote after I left a comment about it. So refer me all you want :rolleyes:

moosejoose wrote: »
    Did he actually RIP YOUR course away from you, and did you feel strongly enough to say some thing about it yesterday, you think its a great thing that some one reported him yet you wouldnt have the courage of your convictions to do it yourself. Again i think he is an idiot for doing what he did and an even bigger one for handeling it the way he did. I think the punishment should fit the crime and i think it is too harsh.

And as for punishment fitting the crime... "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" . Who are you to say that I don't have the courage or conviction. You don't know me, so I think it'd be best if you didn't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 moosejoose

Did you report him? (Maybe i am wrong for assuming this?) This is what i am refering to when i said you didnt have the courage of your convictions, this was not a dig at your personality or character, sorry if you took it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

[quote=moosejoose;56280091] this could screw up the rest of his life, [/quote]

Listen he will be fine! Liars and cheats get great jobs! Look at Sir Alan’s new apprentice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ok, no need to start arguing with each other guys. Salman is an idiot and i am glad he is banned. I can't believe he opened another thread and attempted to delete his posts in the other. He deserves all he gets for such inexcusable behaviour both on the forums and in state examinations. Although, i don't think they can do anything cos he would need to be caught in the act. Well done to those who reported him in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As I said on the other thread, there is no need to report him. People in the SEC can use the Interweb machines too (and do, especially at this time of year).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Ok, no need to start arguing with each other guys. Salman is an idiot and i am glad he is banned. I can't believe he opened another thread and attempted to delete his posts in the other. He deserves all he gets for such inexcusable behaviour both on the forums and in state examinations. Although, i don't think they can do anything cos he would need to be caught in the act. Well done to those who reported him in any case.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Dlite wrote: »
    Listen he will be fine! Liars and cheats get great jobs! Look at Sir Alan’s new apprentice. :D

Good liars maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

_JOE_ wrote: »
    In my opinion it was not correct for those on this Board who do not know the person/school etc.

Yeah well I do know the school. They spend their days parading about how good their top students, and they've this notice board outside the school (visible from the main road) where they wish all the people good luck as they go off to win the world. Realistically if I won an award for something random and I was in that school they'd probably be taking responsibility for it.

I wouldn't mind but half the people who go there are wasters, so I dont know where they get thier kicks.

OH and the big one - when my parents used to have had foster kids Cholaiste Choilm wouldn't take on this indian one we had, even though we live near enough to the school at the time (weve since moved). Instead they took on people from miles out. Shows where their thoughts lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

It's a fruitless argument and it's clear that it has caused alot of response...i think what is important now is for each and every individual to concentrate on their own results and leaving cert...at the end of the day that's all that matters...i shall waste no more time mulling over this "exciting and stimulating" throw my toys out of the pram topic...

• Advertisement

Granted he is a very uncool character, i just am'nt digging the whole thing of someone who does'nt know the guy from adam reporting him from the safety of his bedroom, I could be very wrong, turgon could know him very well. Again can i make it uber clear im not condoning his behaviour.

Now you are actually talking utter codswollop if you were looking at the other post you would have seen he was of asian extraction. I am personally very offended that you take this attitude to my school. I can assure you that half the school are not wasters and they are very inclusive and accomadating to people to different cultues and abilities there happens to be one person that no other school would accept due to learning difficulties, when his familly approached the school to enroll him for a few hours a week, they not only accepted him but embraced him fully and encouraged him to enlist full time. Im sure if any other school had so much to be proud of they would advertise it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

LOVE PEOPLE LOVE! To Glastonbury and lets make sweet love................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

did the OP get a mention on a certain national radio station, maybe that was why he created his interesting thread, alot of the other LC comments and their member names did

:D

motivator2643313_updated.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Ah here, considering that he's been banned already, was clearly either a troll or a 'tard, and big important action has been taken [pretty sure Judge Duffy knows at this stage], how's about boards people let it go.
    Fair enough, 'twas funny while it lasted, but it's getting a bit sour at this stage.
    Annnnnd

270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

I wanted to stick that in the first thread, but it got locked before I could. Join me on the closure side :D

Funny_Pictures_13021.jpg

He clearly cheated his ass off because to compensate for the loss off his ass, there's/was sh*t coming out of his mouth instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

ssdgw4.jpg

We could always take that pic of him and make him into a lolcat? I would but way too tired...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

spurious wrote: »
    People in the SEC can use the Interweb machines too (and do, especially at this time of year).

Thing is they'd have to catch you,doesn't matter what is said on the net,still have to prove it....a lot of people do lie here ya know;)

Youre lying right now aren't you...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Who know's.........

"Fair enough, 'twas funny while it lasted, but it's getting a bit sour at this stage"
    Ok no more about it, its just this attitude i was reacting to, that it was done out of a bit of fun and not out of a real sence of outrage and not concidering the implications fully. Its very easy to be a big man/woman sitting behind a computer or at the end of a phone, posting personal details or reporting people,forgeting about it the next day, where as some one else has to live with your desicion, and as many of ye said ye wouldnt have had the guts to say anything. And for that comment turgon posted it seems like he has more want get back at the school than to get "justice" for what tis nob did.

"It'll all be fine in the end, and if its not fine its not the end"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

"Fair enough, 'twas funny while it lasted, but it's getting a bit sour at this stage"
    Ok no more about it, its just this attitude i was reacting to, that it was done out of a bit of fun and not out of a real sence of outrage and not concidering the implications fully. Its very easy to be a big man/woman sitting behind a computer or at the end of a phone, posting personal details or reporting people,forgeting about it the next day, where as some one else has to live with your desicion, and as many of ye said ye wouldnt have had the guts to say anything. And for that comment turgon posted it seems like he has more want get back at the school than to get "justice" for what tis nob did.

"It'll all be fine in the end, and if its not fine its not the end"
    It was his decision to cheat and his decision to tell stragers about it. He didn't care about other people, and the effect his cheating would have on them when he was cheating. He deserves everything coming to him.

Also moosejoose, wrt someone from boards reporting him; what difference does it make. He cheated, its not others responsibility to keep his secret. You seem to know the guy, did you report him, I guess not. So if someone didn't report him, he would have gotten off scott free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I can assure you that half the school are not wasters and they are very inclusive and accomadating to people to different cultues

All cultures. Except indian foster kids. Its true, my dad and my mom will tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

Its very easy to be a big man/woman sitting behind a computer or at the end of a phone, posting personal details or reporting people,forgeting about it the next day, where as some one else has to live with your desicion, and as many of ye said ye wouldnt have had the guts to say anything.

+1
    Boards should consider opening an "moral/ethical issues of the Leeaving Cert plus b!tching about exam diary writers/ journalists" forum for next year where everyone can rant. This actually has more to do with morality and what each persons take on things including informing/snitching/grassing are than the Leaving cert...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 purepwnage

was he mentioned on joe duffy? any 1 got the podcast link?

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

but im not sure if they mentioned it.. maybe today??

oh its onn now!!!

• Advertisement

RTE Radio 1 right now!!!!

Advertisement