Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wrote a naughty subject!

Options
13»

Comments

I take it this is the guy being discussed on the radio as I type? Surely the key to getting away with cheating is the same with murder, never tell a soul what you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

Darko you are right but then the guilt might eat you up riddling your self conciousness, see Crime and Punishment --Fyodor Dostoevsky

prawn wrote: »
    Darko you are right but then the guilt might eat you up riddling your self conciousness, see Crime and Punishment --Fyodor Dostoevsky

Yes but surely living with the guilt would be preferable to being gang raped by an overweight red neck called Bowling Bag Bob every night in your cell? Or in the case of the op working in Burger King the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

okay so he cheated, and he got away with it.fair fucks to him.cheating is a part of life and is done everyday.im pretty sure he wasnt the only one to be cheating in the LC.and just because he admitted you're starting a mission to get hime punished.does that mean you're gonna start up a big militia to get all the other cheaters in the LC punished too? because unless you do you are just as stupid as this argument.

you know yourself that its just petty if someone does go on to report him about this.as said above its already been on the radio which is a step too far in my opinion.do yourselves a favour and get a life.

im not defending cheating as it is such a cowards way out and is a real scumbag thing to do.but if you go about trying to ruin this person because he got away with cheating then how does that make you any less of a scumbag?? think about that one.

ive said my bit, now im happy :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Feck must've missed it. Some woman is waffling on about Napoleon now??

Ah Internet justice is the best kind of justice. I hope he gets caught and gets the book thrown at him. The fact that he cheated isn't what bothers me as much as the fact that he thinks it's alright to brag about it. If you brag about cheating to other people who've busted their asses all fucking year then you deserve everything you get for being such an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

Yes but surely living with the guilt would be preferable to being gang raped by an overweight red neck called Bowling Bag Bob every night in your cell? Or in the case of the op working in Burger King the rest of his life.

LOL I agree with you completely especially if it is regarding something that in itself isn't even that bad (no onslaught please- there are so many worse things in irelan at th moment) I don't understand his motivation for telling everyone, I really don't.. Its very confusing

if hes gonna brag about it i say hunt him down and kick the shit outta him.....but reporting him to the SEC about all this is just stupid and petty, whereas beating the crap outta him would be fun :D

prawn wrote: »
    don't understand his motivation for telling everyone, I really don't.. Its very confusing

I'm going to take stupidity and lack of parental attention for 500.

Wonder if this is the same guy from the Irish Super Sweet 16 thing from awhile back Both seem starved for attention and about on equal IQ levels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

kev_s88 wrote: »
    if hes gonna brag about it i say hunt him down and kick the shit outta him.....but reporting him to the SEC about all this is just stupid and petty, whereas beating the crap outta him would be fun :D

Fun, but just not vindictive enough for me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

*in god voice*

And on the eight day, God made sheep, and at their head was the king of the sheep, by the name of kev_s88, destined forever to agree with those who have done wrong in an attempt to be "cool". And in the end nothing became of the king of the sheep, for he was endlessly trying to live up to other peoples standards, instead of his own.

• Advertisement

turgon wrote: »
    *in god voice*

And on the eight day, God made sheep, and at their head was the king of the sheep, by the name of kev_s88, destined forever to agree with those who have done wrong in an attempt to be "cool". And in the end nothing became of the king of the sheep, for he was endlessly trying to live up to other peoples standards, instead of his own.

haha that was pretty good :D

although the first i heard about this was hearing it on joe duffy so im hardly a sheep given i didnt know about other reactions or opinions.

*plus the fact that my last comment was taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Sorry then!!!!

Sorry then!!!!

lucky that im in a forgiving mood! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

lol:D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

+2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Don't be stupid. This thread is beginning to get out of hand. Discussions of Leaving Cert cheating is allowed, but anymore threats, personal insults etc will result in bannings and a closing of the thread

Would it not just be better to close the thread fully!? The whole thing has just got out of hand! He cheated,didn't get caught...bitching here won't change it!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

you want some proof that he did it? Seems like someone called Salman85 is a member of Casio Kingdom: The casio calculator resource site forums

http://casiokingdom.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=8899

hmm... and how did he say he cheated again? with a calculator? ..... if thats not evidence i don't know what is. Hopefully this doesnt count as a personal attack because i dont want this thread to be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

kmart6 wrote: »
    Would it not just be better to close the thread fully!? The whole thing has just got out of hand! He cheated,didn't get caught...bitching here won't change it!

I'm prepared to keep it open as a discussion of cheating etc. I'll keep an eye on it either way and close it if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

TimAy wrote: »

Don't be stupid. This thread is beginning to get out of hand. Discussions of Leaving Cert cheating is allowed, but anymore threats, personal insults etc will result in bannings and a closing of the thread

sorry but cheaters angry up the blood....

• Advertisement

A member of a site with no posts...proves what?!

That's his word, no examiner or anyone in the school seems to actually have caught him with this said calculator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

*in god voice*

The lad is entitled to his opinion, an opinion of which seems to be the minority upon reading this thread, so I wouldnt go calling him a sheep.

The OP working in Burger King for the rest of his life.

Because of course everyone who doesn't do their Leaving Cert is destined for a lifelong career in fast food.

There's no doubt that the OP is a complete moron, but some of the stuff being said is out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

he was in the paper 2day:pac::pac:
    hes bein investigated

sayin he only said it to get a thread viewed 15000 times:pac:

Sh1t....this thread is still going?! Just saw this appearing in my CP again! Thought this was all done with here!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

jessie11 wrote: »
    he was in the paper 2day:pac::pac:
    hes bein investigated

sayin he only said it to get a thread viewed 15000 times:pac:
    Ya, that's believable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

The never ending bull****....

LEAVING CERT 'CHEAT' FAILS THE WEB INTELLIGENCE TEST

Lesson number one for any students contemplating cheating their way through exams: do not boast about it online. Someone called Salman85 told Boards.ie last week that he had cogged extensively in the just finished leaving cert. "I cheated my ass off in most exams," Salman85 complained. " I had a fully programmable calculator with 1-gig flash card. My examiner was a dope."

No Einstein himself, Salman85 has since had to endure a torrent of abuse and unwanted attention. The SEC is now investigating and has requested Salman85's unique IP address from Boards.ie. But other site contributers have done their own research, found Salman85's Bebo website, e-mailed his school and posted details online. The SEC say that while they are "following up" the claim, they suspect it may be "spurious".

Only 43 out of 963,000 grades were witheld by the SEC last year for cheating in the Leaving Cert - Down from 99 the previous year. If Salman85 opens his results in August and finds a "witheld grade" or two he only has his big online mouth to blame. A harsh lesson indeed in the university of life.

Was in the 'Sue Denham' column in the Sunday Times.

Advertisement