Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybrit

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Bit of advice appreciated. Moving to Galway next month and have found a decent plact in Ballybrit. What is the area like, any decent pubs, soccer team to play with. Is there a good bus service to the city cente, how long would it take.

Loads of questions I know but any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's been asked a few times.

Here's a thread with some good info (from me ;))
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055148636&highlight=ballybrit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Ballybrit bus service is half-hourly in week-day day-time, a bit less often after that. See the Bus Eireann city services site for details. If you catch a lot of buses, consider their weekly or monthly passes ... adding only one non-work trip per week makes 'em worthwhile. Monthly is 50 euros, weekly about 15.5.

I don't think there's much out there in the way pubs ... try the central city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If you haven't paid a deposit I'd advise not to move to Ballybrit as there's nothing out there.
    Move into town around the docks area or eyre square ..they may seem more expensive but the amount you'll pay for taxis and buses getting into town over the month might add 50-70 euro to your rent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

If you haven't paid a deposit I'd advise not to move to Ballybrit as there's nothing out there.
    Move into town around the docks area or eyre square ..they may seem more expensive but the amount you'll pay for taxis and buses getting into town over the month might add 50-70 euro to your rent anyway.

i would completely second this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

i would completely second this

I will third this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tredge

Fair enough folks will take ye're advice.
    Do you reckon that the accom in the local papers would mainly be the
    same as daft or would there be a lot of new stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

tredge wrote: »
    Fair enough folks will take ye're advice.
    Do you reckon that the accom in the local papers would mainly be the
    same as daft or would there be a lot of new stuff?

www.daft.ie is reliable because you can see photos of the place on-line. Otherwise, look at www.galwayadvertiser.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

the only place to look for acc in galway is the galway advertiser. paper comes out thursday but you can get acc listings on website on a wednesday. will have to start looking for a place myself next week. was in the same house for 3 years and could be the judgemental F!*ker when people came to the house and now i have to be the one begging.

Advertisement