Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septum piercing

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

i would really like to get my septum pierced, but as i have a pretty professional job it would be out of the question to have it on show.
    i've seen the retainers they use and was wondering how irritating it would feel to flip it up so its hidden like this http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/566406076_ea97004ab0.jpg
    during the healing process, has anyone done this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You could do that but would be very tender to touch so may prove difficult. Another option is to just get a metal retainer put in straight off, held in place by black o-rings.

Might be worth finding out what the companies view point on piercings is. I'm in the same boat as yourself sorta, I was told to remove my plugs and labret piercing for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

If you flip it up and keep it flipped up for the first few weeks at least, it's not irritating in the slightest, unless you like to pick your nose. I've got mine up most the time and have had since I got it done. After about 3-4 weeks you can flip it up and down easily enough. I found I could flip it down after about a week, week and a half, but it was sore, so it's probably best to leave it for at least a fortnight. One word of warning however; I don't know about you, but I have a small nose with a really 'fatty' septum and had a hard time flipping it up the first time (Before I went home, heh.) because of the swelling. So you'll probably want your piercer to flip it up for you before you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i just used a retainer... healed up great, and totally comfortable the whole time. its practically invisible too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

deadly, thanks for the replies, i think i'm gonna go for it. i'm in galway but aint gettin it done here, no no, so who is the best man/woman for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i got mine off mark in Vpiercings, i couldnt recommend anyone else for it, he was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

^^ same as Froo, I got mine pierced with a plug and it healed up no problem. Afaik not everyone has the right shape nose for a flip up retainer - again I could be wrong, but it was what I was told when I got mine done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I got my pierced with a retainer that had an o ring on one end, it was very comfortable to wear though it was a bit of a booger trap! I've since stretched to 3.2 and wear a pyrex u shaped retainer, my nose felt a bit "full" for the first few days but l got used to it and it's completely invisible.

Advertisement