Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roughage

• 17-06-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I know I need more roughage in my diet but I don't drink milk so All Bran etc are out. Any ideas for replacement?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

rstans wrote: »
    Any ideas for replacement?

Plant matter :)

Vegetables, fruits and wholegrains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Porridge made with water and served with honey/fruit etc etc.

Any particular reason why you don't drink milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Any particular reason why you don't drink milk?
    Because it is vile stuff that should be left in the cow where it belongs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Would you not snack on All Bran dry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

vegetables especially anything dark green, fruits, beans and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans), wholegrain bread, wholegrain pasta, brown rice, baked potatoes in their jackets, seeds (flax, seseme (sp?), sunflower)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Vegetables. Broccoli, kale, brussel spourts, spinach, celery, fennel, all that stuff had loads of fibre. Also nuts and coconut.

You can buy psyllum husk (sp?) in health food shops and add it to soups etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Dried figs, Peas, Raspberries, Pear with skin, Popcorn (air popped), rye bread, sweet corn, Swede.

Advertisement