Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800gts overclocking

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

recently acquired a BFG 8800gts OC 320MB, wanted to see what it could do so i downloaded rivatuner and ATI tool and started to raise the core clocks.

the card comes overclocked at 550/1300/800

i up the ram and the shadder a bit but am currently trying to find the core max.

each time i run ATI tool after 20min detecting artifacts for about 20 min and ran 3dmark06, i have not seen a single glitch so far am currently at 675\1400\850. should i stress it more each time before upping the speed again?

in work now but intend to continue once i reach home.

EDIT

should also add idle 58*c load 66*C stock cooling

also using Rivatuner i cant clock down 2d and only OC 3d i might be doing something strange ere but what ever is in one profile copy's across to the other.

Advertisement