Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Line - is there a wait for BB ?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

We got our Eircom Phone line installed today and all went fine and the line is up and running. However when I rang Eircom to check if we can get Broadband, they said that the line was not suitable (even though others in the apartment complex have Eircom BB)

When I checked online at eircom.ie, their system could not determine if it was Broadband ready

I then checked with Smart telecom online, and their system said that the line was enabled for their Broadband

Is there a delay in Eircom updating their Broadband ready line database ?

Surely if Smart can offer us Broadband on the line, then Eircom should be able to as well ?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm sorry what???? Even though you can get Smart broadband who are the best broadband provider in Ireland (by a country mile) who a lot of people would give their left arm to be able to get, you're more concerned about why Eircom won't give it to you??? Order Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

eircom only check lines once a month so you probably have not been "checked" yet, try again in 4 weeks

Alternatively smart would always welcome you with open arms (see my ad below!!) :) <- cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Regarding Smart being able to offer you broadband - i bet it was just saying that the checker has checked whether Smart broadband is available at your exchange and not whether your line is actually capable of it yet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Smart checker simply checks if your exchange is smart enabled afaik, tbh if you can get Smart get Smart instead of Eircom its a much better package by far compared to ANY of eircoms in my view :)

Advertisement