Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devastated, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options
  • 17-06-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey all, just checked my exam results, only got 40 out of 60 credits.
    Was Doing 2nd year arts. However 3 of these were E's and only one F. My G.P.A for the 1st semester was 2.77 and the 2nd. semester 1.77 so what G.P.A do I have?
    Already emailed Aishling O' Grady but can't stand the wait. Does anyone have any clue whether I'll have to repeat the year or will I go into Stage X?

Cheers in Advance
    Wilde.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wilde wrote: »
    Hey all, just checked my exam results, only got 40 out of 60 credits.
    Was Doing 2nd year arts. However 3 of these were E's and only one F. My G.P.A for the 1st semester was 2.77 and the 2nd. semester 1.77 so what G.P.A do I have?
    Already emailed Aishling O' Grady but can't stand the wait. Does anyone have any clue whether I'll have to repeat the year or will I go into Stage X?

Cheers in Advance
    Wilde.

First of all, that's a real killer man, my heart goes out to you. I was lucky enough to pass everything but it was tight and totally unpredictable (did ok in ones I thought I did crap in and vice-versa).

I have a friend who when in 1st year failed 3 modules and she was told she had to do Stage X. However, only after she started Stage X and was going through registry she was told she could have continued into Stage 2 while repeating the failed modules from Stage 1. As you can imagine she was furious.

It will cost a bit of money for repeats, but you should be ok to carry on. But i'm not an authority on the subject so I can't be sure. Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Cheers in Advance
    Wilde.[/QUOTE]

You should contact your programme office they can help you in explaining what you options are, what course are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Noodledoodle

Sorry to hear results didn't go as well as you'd hoped .As far as I can gather you need min 50 credits from last stage to progress to the next stage ... which would mean you'll have to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Don't worry. I repeated a year. It turned out to be the best year of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You're gonna have to repeat man. But its not all that bad, it is only a semester after all. It could be worse, you could've just been told you failed 2nd year for the 2nd time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Go to your prog office, they are always really nice and helpful.

Advertisement