Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help please!!

• 17-06-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

im doin da leavin cert at da moment nd im very worried about my french exam. I did higher level and im not happy with it. if i was to get an E would i still be able to go to maynooth and do arts if i got the points anyway??? please help thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

benji91 wrote: »
    im doin da leavin cert at da moment nd im very worried about my french exam. I did higher level and im not happy with it. if i was to get an E would i still be able to go to maynooth and do arts if i got the points anyway??? please help thanks

i don't think the accept a E at higher level french. You need a min of D3 at ordinary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

hi hope this is abit of a help i got this from the admin website of nuim

"One Grade E on a Higher Course at Leaving Certificate will be accepted if the candidate has amongst his/her other subjects three Grade C3 awards on Higher Course Papers, or at least one Grade B3 and one Grade C3 on Higher Course Papers at Leaving Certificate."

Also it might be an idea to email the admin office to double check: admissions@nuim.ie

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭jaffa20

3rd language, D3 minimum. Sorry for the bad news but those are the requirements for most universities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benji91

So someone can get 40% in ordinary and go to maynooth and someone else can get 39% in honours (which is a lot harder) and not be able to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yep. And that's why there are so many bad maths teachers in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

geminilady wrote: »
    hi hope this is abit of a help i got this from the admin website of nuim

"One Grade E on a Higher Course at Leaving Certificate will be accepted if the candidate has amongst his/her other subjects three Grade C3 awards on Higher Course Papers, or at least one Grade B3 and one Grade C3 on Higher Course Papers at Leaving Certificate."

Also it might be an idea to email the admin office to double check: admissions@nuim.ie

Good luck
    benji91 wrote: »
    So someone can get 40% in ordinary and go to maynooth and someone else can get 39% in honours (which is a lot harder) and not be able to go?

Benji like GeminiLady said email admissions or even email the year head in the French dept http://french.nuim.ie/contact.shtml.

Like you are more than likely going to get enough points to get into Maynooth right? So once you are in, the department are a lot more understanding so might be able to let you pick that subject.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yep. And that's why there are so many bad maths teachers in Ireland.
    Tell me about it, dont know how I got a B in maths with all the bad maths teachers I had.

I can think of a few bad lectures in the Maths Dept as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

eamoss wrote: »
    I can think of a few bad lectures in the Maths Dept as well.

True but at least you know that they didn't get the job after scraping through a Maths Studies degree following a B3 in pass maths in the leaving.

Advertisement