Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything decent around the corner?

• 17-06-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Now that we've all turned the GTAIV corner, what new games are everyone looking forward to?

Is it going to be the usual lull for summer, then we're bombarded with PES 09, FIFA 09, Tiger Woods 09, etc etc in the run up to Christmas.

I suppose I'm just wishing we could have a really good new game like COD4 coming out every month. (Don't tell the fanboys, but as a 360 owner, I'm slightly jealous of MGS4 on the PS3)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Unreal Tournament 3 is out next month. Might be good. Not great that it's so long after the PS3 version though.
    Kanes Wraith is out next week too. As I'm still playing C&C 3 from last year this is deffo on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

No really gigantic releases left this summer unless you count the new WOW expansion.

From Now till the 29th of August.

---This friday you have Alone in the Dark (My personal Fav)

---The week after is Battlefield Bad Company(Nearest to any COD4 fun you would get)

---Unreal Tournament 3 is out in July (First Week I think)

---The Boune Conspiracy is out next week (Heard it was ****e in the states and I didnt like the demo)

---New Guitar Hero Aerosmith out next week if your in to them games.

---Then Too Human (Xbox Exclusive) is out August 19th. Could be great or utter tosh. Its been in development since I was in the womb.

If you like Sports the Official Olympics game and Top Spin 3 are out in time for the olympics and wimbledon respectively.

There could be more than that but all the other releases are either kids games or cheaply made rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Alone in the dark looks good now..

Ive been playing mgs4 non stop though since it came out.. only been on the xbox twice for some cod4.

I have C&C3 and I just never played it... same with dead rising I got into and stopped..

Maybe we should be looking at old games and not new ones?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I bought GRID at the weekend and am loving it so far, best online racer I've played.

Soul Caliber 4 is coming out in July.

As for the rest of the year, Gears 2 will probably be the biggest Christmas game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Top Spin 3 should be good because 2 was terrible. I look forward to that as a fix for the tennis craze.

Beijing Olympics looks really good fun as it has almost every event, over 20 i think including Table Tennis, i dont know if it warrants a full price purchase but it should be fun.

Tbh, i would like a new COD4-ish game, but im happy with COD4 still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Gears 2, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Ghostbusters!

If anything, Ghostbusters should be fun. Force Unleashed looks awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

niallon wrote: »
    Gears 2, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Ghostbusters!

If anything, Ghostbusters should be fun. Force Unleashed looks awesome!

Gears is not for another while.. when is it september? or november im not sure.. too lazy to check.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

If Fallout 3 is even half as good as its predecessors its gonna be amazing! Thats coming out in September, I can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Whatever happened to the Indiana Jones game that was meant to come out, even if the movie wasnt great it would be still cool to have a go at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I think Alone In The Dark could be the best of the summer releases. And Fallout 3 and Too Human look great. Fracture looks great too although that isnt out until October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

shortys94 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Indiana Jones game that was meant to come out, even if the movie wasnt great it would be still cool to have a go at the game.

Its out since last Friday week.

Thinking of getting Unreal Tournament III but waiting for Force Unleashed in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

bucks73 wrote: »
    Its out since last Friday week.

Thinking of getting Unreal Tournament III but waiting for Force Unleashed in September.

I think he's referring to the proper Indiana Jones game, not the Lego (aka incredibly fun) version.

It's still coming soon on IGN, supposedly has some unreal physics to it. Not just a Crystal Skull adap either, it's a total globe trotter.

To the above post about Gears 2, yup, November but once I hop past my birthday and the first week of June aka the week of summer we're privvy to in Ireland, the rest of the year ain't too long in flying by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

metal gear solid 4 can you get that on the 360 :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Gears of War for the co-op.
    Alan Wake for the story
    Fallout 3 for open ended game-play
    Alone in the Dark for well being Alone in the Dark
    Force Unleashed for the cool dark-side powers

Others to watch: Too Human, Kane's Wrath, Unreal 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

niallon wrote: »
    I think he's referring to the proper Indiana Jones game, not the Lego (aka incredibly fun) version.

It's still coming soon on IGN, supposedly has some unreal physics to it. Not just a Crystal Skull adap either, it's a total globe trotter.

Yea was on about that one, hopefully its decent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bryanjf wrote: »
    metal gear solid 4 can you get that on the 360 :confused::D
    Likely in a years time yes I would think ;)

Nick

@Silvine,

I highly doubt Alan Wake will be out this Christmas, Microsoft would be gloating like mad if it was. TBH I think theres problems with that game big time, its starting to go into development hell at this stage.

Anyways Left 4 Dead is another Console exclusive for the 360 in November. It does look promising.

yoyo wrote: »
    Likely in a years time yes I would think ;)

Nick

But the 360 is too noisy for Snake to sneak around. :rolleyes:

Seriously it might do but it will probably end up been a crappy port like the one before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

battlefield - bad company!

Advertisement