Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulk Movie...

Options
  • 17-06-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all...

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the new Hulk movie... I liked the one a few years ago, and liked this one too... The only thing that I would have liked to see more of is the Abomination.

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

thought Ang Lee's Hulk was a pile of utter rubbish so didn't have very high hopes for new one at first but have to say I enjoyed it - prob helped by the fact that I love Edward Norton and that I went to one of the midnight sneak screenings last week full of comic nuts so there was a great buzz in the cinema with everyone clapping and screaming at the good bits. Plenty of nerdy fan boy moments but not enough to drive regular cinema goers away. Norton was great but I'm biased. Roth was pretty good too and the much hyped Tony Stark camo wasn't as annoying as I feared it would be [and they didn't leave till after the credits whoohoo], it actually worked very well. Even Stan Lee wasn't as annoying as usually. It felt a lot longer then two hours but not the bad dragged out way more that they managed to stuff alot into the time span without suffering from the iron man "**** we've only 10 mins left to finish the story" issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I almost passed out when Iron Man showed up .. I mean I knew it was coming but still :P
    I heard that they'd taken it out and then when they "ended" the movie and it hadn't happened I was disappointed, but then - woo!

At least I didn't have to wait til after the end credits :P

Overall I thought the movie was good. It was no Iron Man, but thats a pointless comparision.
    Yeah it was good, a lot better than most of Marvels past movies. I've never seen Ang Lee's so I can't compare.
    Loved the Captain America hints, but I always love it when I get stuff that no one else does :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Saw the Hulk movie last night, and loved it.

Thought the movie was very well balanced in terms of the split between Banner and Hulk. Thought the Abomination was handled very well, and the introduction of the Leader. And I thought William hurt was FANTASTIC as General Ross!

Didn't have a single complaint. The battle between Abomination/Hulk was absolutely brutal! Very true to form! And I loved the Stark cameo, and all the little inside references to other Marvel characters, especiallty those set to appear in movies in the next few years!

Keep 'em comin I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was wonderful, really after ironman being as good as it was and the last movie that had that name in the title being so bad I likened it to a boll production I was surpised and stunned at how good it was. It had many classic moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ger_1

Have to say that Marvel taking over the production of their own movies is possibly the best things to happen to comic book movies. They can actually build a Marvel Universe on screen now with characters popping up in sly references (Cap) and cameos (Stark). Anybody know if they've got any other films in the works? I'd love it if they gave Daredevil another stab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Ger_1 wrote: »
    Anybody know if they've got any other films in the works? I'd love it if they gave Daredevil another stab.

A proper Daredevil movie would be awesome!

Not sure of dates, but I've read about potential Captain America, Ant-Man, Avengers (obviously after Iron Man/Hulk), Silver Surfer, and Thor movies.

The next Iron Man installment is due for 2010, although Favreau is not too happy with that deadline so we'll see what happens there.

I think Captain America is due to be out before the Avengers movie.

The others are still very much up in the air. (as far as I know, and I could be wrong!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

From what I understand of the current rights situation, most of the films that have recently (ie ~last 10 years) had adaptations made by non-Marvel studios have not reverted back to Marvel (though I could be wrong) so it'll be a while before they get to make an in-house Daredevil or X-Men film. It's hard to talk generalities though as these kinds of issue all depend on the original contract for the rights concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Saw the Hulk movie last night, and loved it.

Thought the movie was very well balanced in terms of the split between Banner and Hulk. Thought the Abomination was handled very well, and the introduction of the Leader. And I thought William hurt was FANTASTIC as General Ross!

Didn't have a single complaint. The battle between Abomination/Hulk was absolutely brutal! Very true to form! And I loved the Stark cameo, and all the little inside references to other Marvel characters, especiallty those set to appear in movies in the next few years!

Keep 'em comin I say!

it was great to see all the little
    nods of the head to captain america (the whole world war 2 super soldier stuff) and stark at the end with ross's comment about his "nice suits" . is it just me or do you reckon they'll tie in that major thunderstorm in the rockys that knocked out the towns power with the debut of a certain thundergod down the line? :)

i have to admit like someone else posted theres a real buzz around marvel doing their own films. its only a small thing but with fury in ironman and tony in hulk
    (not to mention stark tech in the form of that sonic cannon!)
    its building nicely into a cinematic marvel universe.

from what ive heard (in SFX to be precise) captain americas due out in 2011 and TWO MONTHS later is the avengers film (hence why cap has the clunky name of captain america : the first avenger) if that pans out it could be fanboy joygasmville :):):)

getting back to hulk while i must be one of the few that loved the first one for being a much more mature almost art house drama (look at it this way when it was on TV during the week my mother watched it ! ) this one is just as enjoyable in a totally different way. norton was great and very sympathetic ,the little easter eggs were brilliant
    (norton anti virus ! stan-leys diner, "dont make me hungry " , bill bixby on the telly and you know who as a security guard :) )

it really did a great job combining the action with what was a really sweet love story too. liv tyler generally annoys me and i wasnt pushed on her here but she didnt make me hate her and she and norton do have good chemisty. hurt was great as ross and came off as a right bastard but it was tim roth that damn near stole the show for me. he was brilliant and the scenes of him
    suped up on the super soldier serum is probably the closest we'll get to a smack down between the hulk and captain america till the avengers film comes out :):) i loved the little bit of him bailing it ahead of his squad, being told to slow down, and then the rest of the guys bollocked catching up with him :)
    in fact i liked him so much i was a little dissapointed when he fully became the abomination as it didnt really capture him.

my only complaint is the CGI STILL looks a litte off, but its WAY better than the last one and its great to have an enemy the hulk can lay into thats actually a challenge. if anything i wished the city hadve taken MORE damage to show how dangerous a tussle on this scale is but we still got to see somone punched through a building :)

all in all a class film that along with iron man has the distincintion of getting me back to see it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dr_tran

Yeah I thought it was reallly good. Not as good as Iron Man except for the action sequences maybe) but still a great movie. I'm as giddy as a school girl thinking about the upcoming Avengers movie. And Iron Man 2. It's a pity DC dropped the ball on this one. They are owned by Warner Brothers so it should have been so easy for them to organise like a Justice League movie with Christian Bale and Brandon Routh.

Advertisement