Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tofu

• 17-06-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭

I purchased 300 grams of Tofu in the health shop earlier and was wondering would you have any suggestion for recipes or sides I could eat with it. I heard it tastes pretty bland on its own also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I posted this on another thread.......

Peter Gordon is one of my favourite chefs and the following is his recipe...

Noodles with creamed seasme sweetcorn, crisp tofu and toasted walnuts.
    Serves 2

250g tofu in cubes
    100g sweetcorn
    5 flo oz cream
    2 tsp toasted seasme seeds
    2 spring onions thinly sliced
    flour to dust the tofu
    salt
    1/2 tsp paprika
    40g walnuts
    150g ramen noodles
    Chopped chives

Try and get a robust tofu - the silken stuff is too watery and will loose it's shape. Drain it on some kitchen paper for 30 minutes to extract some moisture.

Cook the corn, cream, spring onions and seasme seeds until reduced by 1/3rd. Blend to a puree and taste for seasoning.

Mix flour, paprika and salt and dust the tofu. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu until golden. Remove, add a splash more oil and cook the walnuts.

Place some sauce on a plate, top with noodles and scatter the tofu and walnuts, sprinkle with chopped chives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You might get better responses on the Vegetarian & Vegan section of Boards.

If you want me to move this thread there let me know, or if there are scant replies here in a day or so I will move it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

billyhead wrote: »
    I purchased 300 grams of Tofu in the health shop earlier and was wondering would you have any suggestion for recipes or sides I could eat with it. I heard it tastes pretty bland on its own also.
    To be honest, i think tis nice as long as its cooked - even just roasted with vegetable, peppers etc. it tastes pretty good. Lovely on pizza as a result! ;)

Advertisement