Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, I admit to it being a stoopid thread; but why was it locked?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AC locked it for not being AH material, should have been in Humour.
    That's how I read his comment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If not in humor then at least in the Dublin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

biko wrote: »
    AC locked it for not being AH material, should have been in Humour.
    That's how I read his comment.
    Yeah me too.

Unless AC is just in a bad mood today :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah AC gave his reason for locking in the thread, it was more suited to the Humour forum.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I would have thought it obvious why it was closed.

The real question is why wasn't it moved to Humour? I'd suggest it was due to laziness on the part of the AH Mods (one is named after a powerful stuffed comfort device for God's sake) if it weren't for the fact that I would be abused by them. Plus Terry would ban me. He is mad on power that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ponster wrote: »
    If not in humor then at least in the Dublin forum.

Now there's an idea....... Not a stupid thread as such but it just belonged in Humour. I'm moving it over there now.

*waves magic wand*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

faceman wrote: »
    Yeah AC gave his reason for locking in the thread, it was more suited to the Humour forum.

Even that's debatable !! Depends on your sense of humour I guess :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

that was my thought industria - does the humour forum *need* that type of 'humour'? Seem to recall hearing those jokes when i was about 5 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

that was my thought industria - do the humour forum *need* that type of 'humour'? Seem to recall hearing those jokes when i was about 5 years old
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Rb wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

why the roll eyes? (I don't really understand the proper context to use that smile in, so please enlighten me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

*waves magic wand*
    Please stop doing that in public! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Guys, we really need a sub-forum for feedback dedicated to "AH Moderators"....

There's nearly more threads in Feedback every day about After Hours than there actually is in AH....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

frobisher wrote: »
    I started this thread and it got locked down. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316034&page=3

Yes it's stoopid but made me laugh along the way. Why was it locked?

it should have been moved. the mod has done that now.

all is well with the world.

and who said that moderators dont listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I dunno, I wasn't listening....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tbh wrote: »
    I dunno, I wasn't listening....
    What did you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

What did you say?
    What did YOU say?

Really. Don't get thick with me sunshine. I is' the powah'.

Advertisement