Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire

Options
  • 17-06-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to find where I can hire a small skip out for next week. I tried Barna & Greenstar but they only do large ones, costing over €250 a pop. I'd pay up to €150 at the most. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi there,
    Beirnes do a mini skip, its like a very large heavy duty yellow bag! I seen an ad for it in the weekender and post last week!
    Hope this helps!

CT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cheers - I'll check that out. Sounds a bit odd though, being a yellow bag n' all!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

They look quite cool and very handy if you only have a small amount to get rid of!

They look quite cool and very handy if you only have a small amount to get rid of!

Just the missus! (Cue someone accusing me of acting the muppet. The one on the left is me.)

statlerwaldorf7wb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

(Cue someone accusing me of acting the muppet. The one on the left is me.)

The missus maybe?

Oh on topic... Ring "Men with a Van" he will take a load to the dump for you, at a good price. I think he advertises in the Weekender "Services" section. I used him for a few different removals etc, and he's great.

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    The missus maybe?

Oh on topic... Ring "Men with a Van" he will take a load to the dump for you, at a good price. I think he advertises in the Weekender "Services" section. I used him for a few different removals etc, and he's great.

Re; The missus - well that'd be nothing new!!

Cheers for that Sueme... I've a fair bit to get rid of ... won't fit in the wheelie bins, but definitely doesn't warrant a big, pricey skip. It's mostly bits of left over plumbing, insulation & laminates. I'm sick of seeing them sitting against the back wall.

Actually, come to think of it, I can hire a van from Noel Gordons for €90. I don't suppose anyone knows where the dump is & how much a van load would cost to offload there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Re; The missus - well that'd be nothing new!!

Cheers for that Sueme... I've a fair bit to get rid of ... won't fit in the wheelie bins, but definitely doesn't warrant a big, pricey skip. It's mostly bits of left over plumbing, insulation & laminates. I'm sick of seeing them sitting against the back wall.

Actually, come to think of it, I can hire a van from Noel Gordons for €90. I don't suppose anyone knows where the dump is & how much a van load would cost to offload there?

Try "Men with a Van" first, he may do a van load (its v big) for much the same price.

sueme wrote: »
    Try "Men with a Van" first, he may do a van load (its v big) for much the same price.

And for a 1/4 of the hassle methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I don't suppose anyone knows where the dump is & how much a van load would cost to offload there?

The dump is down deepwater quay (Greenstar). Its down past NCF, Sligo Fuels and Hunters coal.

The cost varys depending on the weight of what you are dumping. You will weigh in and weigh out, so my advise would be if you are dumping stuff - do it when its dry and the stuff is dry. That way you won't pay for the water in the stuff as well

Advertisement