Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S60 Suspension Problem

Options
  • 17-06-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Firstly I gave myself the kiss of death here by boasting that "my volvo never had a thing changed...."

I have failed the NCT on the following
    Front Suspension Anti-Roll bar Bushes and Links Worn Driver Side
    Rear Suspension Anti-Roll bar Bushes and Links Worn Driver Side

Here is the problem I am told firstly that the bushes are in not too bad shape but the links are f%^ked. Links cost a few pound so no problem there.
    Bushes are part of the anti roll bar kit so all has to be changed at a cost of about 500 at the least from a back street garage. As I have only 2 days to get this done for the retest (heading on hols) I am going to get the links done and hope for the best as this is a visual retest.
    Any opinions / recommendations on the bushes never taught it would cost that money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

bennyc wrote: »
    Firstly I gave myself the kiss of death here by boasting that "my volvo never had a thing changed...."

I have failed the NCT on the following
    Front Suspension Anti-Roll bar Bushes and Links Worn Driver Side
    Rear Suspension Anti-Roll bar Bushes and Links Worn Driver Side

Here is the problem I am told firstly that the bushes are in not too bad shape but the links are f%^ked. Links cost a few pound so no problem there.
    Bushes are part of the anti roll bar kit so all has to be changed at a cost of about 500 at the least from a back street garage. As I have only 2 days to get this done for the retest (heading on hols) I am going to get the links done and hope for the best as this is a visual retest.
    Any opinions / recommendations on the bushes never taught it would cost that money.

To be honest it sounds like your doing the sensible thing.... as its a visual push / pull test on the anti roll bar bushings... if your mechanic thinks they are ok when fitting the links, i'd get him to clean them up and make them look new :D

Advertisement