Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Celica import - sourcing parts

Options
  • 17-06-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

the gear housing is damaged on my celica (1996).
    Sounds like I need to source another one.
    The guys in Advance pitstop diagnosed the problem, but they're not in a position to source the parts.

Anyone got a list of places to try sourcing parts ?
    Or is the rumour about difficulty in getting import parts true ?

I know "Toyota" sound like the obvious channel, or do the dealers here hang any people who import cars out to dry ?

cheers,
    Owen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dealers can get you most parts, and aren't too bad when it comes to price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 not1ie

Toyota dealers will source the parts, they know it is an import and will try and tell you they have to get it in from Japan and it will cost you. There are very few differences between the Jap Celica and the Irish one. Most parts are identical. Just tell them that they are the same. Rathgar are good if you have to go through a Toyota dealer.
    The other options are scrap yard, or try Fensport in the UK or try www.tcbparts.co.uk

I have got all the parts for my import ST205 from those sources, the service parts came from Rathgar motor factors.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement