Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting-Howd it go for you

Options
  • 17-06-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Terrible...i think i was due a fail..and today was it....Failed without a doubt...ah well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭acc grinds

What came up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Terrible Exam icon8.gif Sole Trader Q1 and i hadn't practiced it coz i thought Manufacturing would come up.

Published and club accounts came up in section 1 leaving cash flow for section 2 which i didnt practice either.

There was too much theory this year IMO every Q had a bit at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

Where were the Club accounts?! Q1was ok. got a final balance of:1026375.
    production was alright, probably made a slip r 2. got a Gross Prof of:654310
    Interp was alright too, but cash flow was rubbish, added everything in the abridged P&L by mistake.. just wasnt thinking got the format mostly right though i think... took a piss in the wind and got it all over myself for the part (b) also.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

HL

Supposed to be my best subject, predicted an A1,lucky toget an honour. Shocking bad test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ireland90

I agree hard Paper. Suspense adjusments very different to previous years. Glad others found it hard 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 **Rachael**

What happend to manufacturing and club and published in section 2!:mad:??

Hopefully interpretation and budgeting got me through!! :(:(

How do you EVEN DO suspense accounts??
    i hadnt a clue of them r of cash flow just gave it ago never even seen them before! :confused::confused::confused:

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Shocking paper.. They mixed the Budgeting into Q8... We hadn't been taught it :( I knew the feckin theory for interpretation about prudent management, and I finished up with 10 mins to spare, and stupid me I DIDN'T ANSWER IT!! That's 15 marks gone there and eliminates any chance of an A for me.. I think.. Meh I'm not too bothered I've still got my course, but it was definitely a terrible exam..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stin

my cash flow and control a/c (didnt think that one would come up so i dont revise it, shame since they're easy) were terrible

hard to say with the other 3 Q's went, i guess finishing with an hour to spare was a pretty bad sign.....

So annoyin to see published and club in section 1 and not 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

taught all the other exams this year were fine than this monster was handed to me.

first time I did a soul trader......yeah i was banking on a manufacturing.
    i did cash flow and suspense. for section b
    didn't know the headings for the cash flow or when figures to use.
    suspense wasn't too bad. didn't do well on it anyway.

the section 3 was perfect. Lovely production budget came up.

Still think I failed it badly though.

:( as if i wasn't worried as it was.

O well Applied maths is next on my list.
    Am going to take the rest of today off to sulk over accounting though.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

mark it easier then so.... like give all the marks for attemps of workings and nice straight lines.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JJPW89

Rough enough paper!! Suspense was dodgy out and the amount of theory was crazy!! Goodbye A1!!!!!:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Absolutely terrible test!
    I was hoping for an A1 and now Il probably end up with a low B or worse :(

By far the worst accounting exam I have ever seen!
    Where was the depreciation?? What was up with that Cashflow theory?? 100mark cashflow.. first time in 10 years, just had to be us didn't it...

That suspense question was sooo hard too, I was so used to the same kind of suspense questions that came up year after year and then this was totally different and really hard..

All the guys in my class who are very good at this subject and usually get a1's all the time were all giving out about it. Terrible Terrible Terrible Paper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

*high-five* to everybody... for some reason i decided to do q8 .. so regret it now :( left out 3 parts until the end and didnt have time to come back to them :(
    damn it..
    i m officially depressed now.. argh .. dont even have a will to study for economics tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Thought ordinary was easy........

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Yup. I got 100% in pre's and will be lucky to get a B now.
    I actually had a semi-heart-attack half way through.
    What can they do?
    I think that they can actually give extra marks for absolutely no reason.
    It happened a few years ago with Home ec ( 2004 i think) when the paper was horrible

Can't believe i have economics 2moro.
    I was way more worried about that than accounting:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Yeah thought it was a disappointing test too, I don't do Q1's so It wasn't a problem for me. Raging Published was only a 60m, that left just Cash Flow and a Suspense which I chose not to study. I stuck in the headings and nothing else for Cash Flow on they way out of the exam hall, leaving me that section with a nice 5/100 marks :p
    Production Budget was easy enough but I thought the Theory was a joke this year :(
    At most a C1 but that's not likely

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

I KNEW 100 mark cashflow was gonna come up even though my teacher said it wouldn't. Thank god I studied it yesterday. That question went amazing. Budgeting was fine. Club accounts was fine appart from what they did with the investment. Interpretation was fine too.

Theory was horrible though and I left out a whole 60 mark question because I was hoping Published would be in section 2 and that Depreciation would come up so I was really pissed off about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Pretty hard paper alright. Lucky for me I had rules out doing Q1 anyway. I never liked the big massive long ones, so that massive shock didn't really affect me. Eveyone else in my exam hall were close to tears tho.

I agree that the suspense was very tricky. I was gettin 100% in any of the past papers up till then, but that was different.

Intrpretation was good.
    Budgetting was lovely.
    Club Account was grand.
    Creditor Control, not so good.

But overall, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Q8 the very last question, anyone else do a huge complicated maths equation? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

The amount of people in the same boat as myself (A1 candidates) is amazing. Yep, did very poor in that awful suspense question. I didn't do a great sole trader, I also found those sickeningly difficult adjustments awful.

Basically, whoever wrote that paper was taking the piss. To put up such a series of difficult adjustments in both the final a/c and suspense was horrible.

I can only imagine what the marking scheme will look like. The amount of people getting A1's across the country will be dwarfed in comparison to other years, most definitely. You'd have had to have an unbelievable comprehension of the whole accounting system to ace that.
    My teacher was there after and she was just sickened.

Ridiculous.

The marking scheme for this paper should b good if so many A1 students found it hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

I'm gonna be doing Finance next year and it looks like i wont even be counting accounting.
    That doesn't sound right

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

In my pre's i did terrible because i forgot everything right there on the spot , and i spent all day thursday looking trough the papers and affter an hour or so came up with a pattern , brought the pattern in and no one believed me and even my teacher said half my stuff was wrong , that patern was 100% correct i feel really bad for everyone but really good for myself xD

NO MORE ACCOUNTANCY!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,936 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a D3 last year and was horrific at accounting. I got stuck into it this year and got a B3 in the mocks. I was confident going into the exam today. And this is what I get? A year of hard work screwed because some plank doesn't want to see students get an A in accounting. It's the only subject they try to take marks off instead of give. I hope they give marks galor for blank sheets when they are correcting them.
    Thanks a ****ing lot Christy Tyrell, ya wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

What the fúck was that?? Christy Tyrell is a fúcking gobshíte. He went out of his way to put students off. That was absolute bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

Wanker face c0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

The worst part was that the theory will be A-blockers for the mature students with accounting degrees who have come back to re-sit their leaving in order to move away from the accounting profession and into something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 max21

What a way to end my leaving cert. Suspense was horrible gave up half way. Our teacher told us not to go near it anyway but I just had a blank on the ratios and the cash flow headings. SOLE TRader???? Why? I had manufacturing practiced so well. The theory on each question put me off. What I hoped was my best paper I could fail. Im so miserable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

did nobody else balance question 1? if u did what was ur figure? i havn't heard anybody elses yet.

Advertisement