Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps

Options
  • 17-06-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Just got an API code for Google Maps, just wondering how exactly to get a map on it, i added the html code they supply you with and a map is coming up from Germany but where i'm looking for is Galway?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Done a bit of work on Google Maps before...

What have you done so far?

Use the following piece of code in function load():

function load() {

if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {

map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map"));
    map.setCenter(new GLatLng(53.0368603126837,-7.29635956120916), 5);

}
    }

This will centre on Ireland with a zoom value of 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

What I want to do is something like this:
    http://www.hotspots.ie/clubhome.php?clubid=12

The way the map on that pinpoints the location of the venue.

Also, I am using Joomla 1.5 so I have to use a plugin for it to show up in html, this is the code;
    {mosmap width='500'|height='400'|lat='52.052312'|lon='4.447141'|zoom='3'| zoomType='Large'|zoomNew='0'|mapType='Satellite'| showMaptype='1'|overview='0'|text='sv DWO'|lang=''}

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Here's a handy website that will allow you to have makers and descriptions on the makers and you can pick any part of Ireland

http://mapmaker.donkeymagic.co.uk/

I've used it for a few sites.

If your putting it in Joomla, just create a new module in html and place where you want (but in the global configuration make sure the editor is turned off) and place the code inside.(no need for a plugin)

Should do the Job

Advertisement